Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fm 104 breakfast

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

does nobody think jim jim is a totally overated gob****e ? Not worth a toss:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

jim jim is totally crap, give me just one good thing about him ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

What age are you, 10? Two posts 5 mins apart? I suppose he was part of a very successful breakfast show for a long time so he must have hit a spot with a few people!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

four18, please read the charter of the forum before posting again as ignorance of the rules won't be accepted as an excuse for breaking them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cheapy2006

that pair belong behind bars for crimes against humour and good taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

cheapy2006 wrote: »
    that pair belong behind bars for crimes against humour and good taste!

In what way? Have you an example?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭jimmy2flutes

Its pretty average so far. Not great, but not bad, The big own goal was just taking jim and niamh off, making no explanation as to why they were gone. All info taking off website and never allowed mention them again. So they just went and pissed off the jim and niamh fans! Maybe they will stay, maybe they wont but I would expect a new PD and APD in 12 months if this is a massive mistake! You have to answer to the shareholders!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess... your name alone suggests you've a personal gripe so maybe you should turn that anger into listening to people and learning - you clearly have a lot to learn if you think 12 months is a turnaround time with JNLR and how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 King Size

The big own goal was just taking jim and niamh off, making no explanation as to why they were gone. All info taking off website and never allowed mention them again. So they just went and pissed off the jim and niamh fans!

http://www.fm104.ie/entertainment/news-item.aspx?smit_guid=ce070bc3-5b88-4a0b-9f2b-3c6e3717e688

Go figure...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Really not impressed with JimJim and mark breakfast show, was listening to Jim and Niamh for ages and loved them, listened to JimJim and Mark a few times on the way to work and there is no comparison, have now gone to listening to CD's on the way to work as there really isnt any great breakfast shows now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

innovated wrote: »
    Really not impressed with JimJim and mark breakfast show, was listening to Jim and Niamh for ages and loved them, listened to JimJim and Mark a few times on the way to work and there is no comparison, have now gone to listening to CD's on the way to work as there really isnt any great breakfast shows now

Jim Jim and Mark are doin great, love the new show,
    Niamh Crowley did my head in. glad those two are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I'm enjoying the show, I feel that Mark needs some bedding in time though. Jim Jim is in top form, he has single-handedly made me switch back to FM104. I used listen to 104 all through the late 90's, early 00's, followed Colm and Jim-Jim to 2fm and it just didn't feel the same. So I've been listening to Ian Dempsey for the past few years, back to 104 for the moment. Hopefully Mark settles in, this show has potential.

Maybe they could bring in a third, like back in the days of Colm, Joan and Jim-Jim or Colm, Joan and Justin. What are Joan Lea or Justin McKenna doing these days anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Poll added. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 cyclingmad

at the start , when Jim-Jim was just back at FM104 Mark Noble was a bit dry, he hadn't really ever been given the opertunity to be funny, tell jokes etc because drive time radio was more serious... I felt as time went Mark has got better and more used to bening aloud to do alomost anything he wants..... I have done work experiance in FM104 and the relationship seems to be really great between JimJim and Mark... Also dont forget that the strawberry alarm is from 6am-10am and that means being in at 5:30am and that could mean getting up at 4:30am and everybody knws its hard to be in a good mood when your tired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Having tuned in and out to the show for the last few weeks I am not feeling the show anymore. To me it seems like Jim Jim is main presenter while Mark just presses the buttons in the background. Maybe thats just down to the time where I have tuned in i am not really sure.

I have turned back to Spin1038 for the mornings as I just feel there is more humour and fun on the breakfast show which Ryan and Tracy.

I really have doubts as to how long the present combo will last but I suppose the jnlr figures will determine their fate in the next while!

• Advertisement
Advertisement