Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Monstrosity!

Options
  • 18-08-2010 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

Just walking on Woodstown beach last night only
    to see another area levelled to accomodate another
    bloody house. Personally speaking I feel no houses should
    have been built there as I feel that it takes from the natural
    beauty of the area. I can't believe that permission was
    granted for the first as it lacks character & it doesn't
    fit in with the scene! I'm furious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Where in Woodstown is this as I know the planning regs for this area are very strict and if they got permission there mustn't have been many / any objections and they would have met the planning conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Are you seriously giving out again? Lighten up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

There is no planning permission for any development here.There was no site notice erected and no application has been sent to the Council. You can view all planning applications, old and new, on the Waterford County Council web site and there is no history an application here. There is an applictaion in for a house just up the road by the Saratoga though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

It doesnt take much to upset people does it? oh what big problems you have :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Welcome to Boards.ie where people can have discussions of various issues whereby not everyone will agree or support your point.

Anyway, moving to the County forum.

Topic Moved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Down with this sort of thing...!

If there is planning permission for a development at that location you will be able to see the file, which is public, at the offices of Waterford County Council, Civic Offices, Dungarvan. You can get a copy of any maps of drawings, as well as the planners report and the permission and conditions, if you wish, at a fee.

If there is no planning permission, as is being suggested above, then perhapse it is not a dwelling being constructed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

michellie wrote: »
    It doesnt take much to upset people does it? oh what big problems you have :rolleyes:

Do you believe that people should be allowed to flaunt planning laws and build wherever they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Do you believe that people should be allowed to flaunt planning laws and build wherever they like?

I dont think that the poster is referring to just this this thread - if you look in the City forum you'll get a jist of where they're coming from with regard to the OP.

With regard to this thread in general, the OP is commenting on the construction of a structure without giving any specifics to what is being built or the exact location of the building - since they opened the post they have not responded to any of the other posters comments. What is the point of a thread if they cant back up their statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Obviously not, do you?

I wouldnt get so FURIOUS over something like this though. At the end of the day its not a real life problem that effects us all directly is it? Its a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

michellie wrote: »
    Obviously not, do you?

It is quite clear that I don't. You say you don't but your flippant response on the 19th suggests otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

If its the red X on the map below, then it was blocked up when I passed the other day...there's no planning application for any development there.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,669568,605455,5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

The clearance of the site is one thing but the opening on the roadside should not have taken place without permission. This has been reported to the County Council and as far as i know a council representative has been to view the site. The guy who owns the land here, which he bought at auction a number of years ago, apparently wants to put a mobile home on it to use as a holiday home. This would also require planning permission. There is a now barrier across the entrance to the site which was erected by the land owner. I have recently built in the area and have no problem with someone developing there own property as long as they follow the correct channels, but this doesn't seem to have happened in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Well that's a relief anyway! I went out today to photograph the site.
    The cheek of some f**king people.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

He is from Kilkenny too, the cunt

Advertisement