Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helmet range in shops

• 18-08-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭

Right, so the adjustment system on the helmet I had decided to snap on Sunday, so I now have to get another one. Given that it was an old Trek branded one, I've no idea how any of the likes of Bell/Giro/Spiuk/whatever road helmets fit on me, so I'm gonna bite the bullet on this one and purchase locally for the convenience of being able to try them on.

Odds are I'm gonna be heading to either Cycle Superstore or Wheelworx this evening with the late opening (but preferably not both), so I'm just looking for opinions from people on which has the better range of helmets to save me any unnecessary trips, please? From the looks of the sites, CSS has a few more brands, but I'm not sure how accurate that actually is. I've been to both before, but have never paid attention to helmets, purely because I just got what I needed at the time, and left before anything else would catch my eye!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

From recent visits to both stores I recall that they certainly have the following at least:

* CycleSuperStore: Giro, Bell
    * Wheelworx: Giro, Catlike (neither of which are listed on their website)

I thought that CycleSuperStore had other brands too (I didn't look further than those above) but their website suggests not. According to the Wheelworx website they also stock Spiuk, Met and Limar. Might be worth a phonecall to Wheelworx to confirm that they really do have all of those brands in the store.

On the face of it, Wheelworx looks like a better bet due to their greater variety, assuming their website is correct, but then again the fit of helmets is a personal thing so you might find that nothing but a Bell feels comfortable (I'm the opposite, I don't find modern Bell helmets comfortable on my head at all).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Oh, and I'm not sure which of the Giro range of helmets Wheelworx actually stock as I was looking only at the Ionos there. They only stock 2 or 3 of the Catlike range, so their Giro range might be limited too. CycleSuperStore stock several of the Giro range.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Billycake

Without meaning to sound like a smartass, would you not give both shops a call and ask what they actually have in stock? I find the websites are not usually up to date with what they have in the shop in reality.

Advertisement