Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Telephone & ex-directory

• 18-08-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Ive recently found out that my phone number and name have appeared in the phone book. This has led to numerous calls from 'people' trying to sell me new phone contracts , pc repair etc..

Thing is, its listed with eircom. Buts its not a phone line i have so why and how did they put this information up??

Ive been ex-directory for years, why all of a sudden is my number available online!?

Who do i talk to? UPC, who i have a contract with.

Eircom? who i havent dealt or had a contract with for 4 years.

help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

You need to contact UPC (customer.support@upc.ie) to opt out of the National Directory Database. Not sure it will stop those PC Repairer Scammers that use an autodialler though.

From their T&Cs:

24.2 We do not provide a telephone directory service. You agree that we may make your name, address and telephone number available to the emergency services and to any other licensed public telecommunications operators for the purpose of telephone directories and a public directory enquires service. You must notify us, in writing, should you wish any such information to be withheld or if you wish to opt out of the National Directory Database and if this is your wish then we shall only disclose such information if and to the extent that we are legally required to do so. We do not accept any liability whatsoever for a failure by the Operator to whom we provide such information to comply with any listing request that you make to us or to that Operator.

http://www.comreg.ie/consumer_initiatives/direct_marketing_opt-out_register.492.566.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

Awesome! thanks!

Advertisement