Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert congratulations?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

When I passed I went home and my oul man calculated up the points and wondered why I didn't do better.

I didn't give a fùck, I was just glad that I didn't have to stay another year in goddamn school and no way in hell was I gonna repeat.

Me and all the lads just hit the pub that night and had one of the best nights out, we still talk of that night. Me and another fella had a dance-off (neither of us any good) and had the whole pub cheering away, was like that Run DMC VS. Jason Nevin's It's Like That video.............ah, memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

not been told get a job and contribute to house keeping

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

Back in 1985 :eek: I got nothing - now the ubiquitous 'they' are talking about dumbed down courses, easier marking etc. and little Johnny and Mary get cars or sun holidays as a reward for being able to spell their names right.

The world is a funny old place. :rolleyes:

I hate this stupid begruding attitude. Why dont you have a look at leaving cert 2010 exam papers and I can assure you they have not gotten easier and compared to 1994 (the oldest papers I have) they have actually gotten harder. The percentage of a's etc. doesnt change from year to year so I dont know where your pulling your facts from.

The only people who get cars and sun holidays are the celtic tiger "rich" people with there half a million mortgages and massive overdrafts. Lots of us ordinary people worked our bollixs off not for holidays and cars but to actually get a decent course and ensure a good future and as someone that got there results today i hate this stupid begrudgery so go get a life for yourself instead of taking out your misery on those of us who actually tried and did well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭jordan..

hotel room and a load of brazzers :) didnt even pass :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I done mine years ago, a tenner for each exam I passed iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I got that 'disappointed look' and didn't get smacked round the head. Not bad.

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I did mine last year and got a holiday to spain with my friends. Nothing about being loaded or anything cause we are far from it, my parents just saw that I worked hard and though I deserve something nice.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

wtf. I was screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joemcg18

i got a handshake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I did my exams in the boom years and didn't get a thing. And didn't expect too either. Does this kind of 'getting a present for exams' thing happen with a lot of families?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

jordan.. wrote: »
    hotel room and a load of brazzers :) didnt even pass :p

One word for your parents.

Legends.

After all this LC chat I'd love to go back and see a couple of my old scripts :pac:

Wait, people got presents for their Leaving Cert results? I just got a hug from my mam and a handshake from my dad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

A "Free Entry with Flyer" flyer for Lapello's Gentlemans Club.
    Learning my mom worked there was not fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

I got a hot chicken roll and a bottle of club orange from my mother. My father hadn't even realised I did the leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

They offered to pay the non-tuition fees in college and gave me a laptop, which was unnecessarily kind of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Give them a Tesco Value card.
    I got some value of cash I can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got money for mine. I don't remember how much. My brother got his today so I stuck some money in a card for him and I presume he'll get something from my parents too.
    Terry wrote: »
    I'd like to see the English results form the Bebo generation.
    Some of them are quite good and don't use text speak. A lot of them do though, especially the younger ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Terry wrote: »
    I'd like to see the English results form the Bebo generation.

And today's award for unintentional irony in an AH post goes to....

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

And today's award for unintentional irony in an AH post goes to....

Congratulations:- Post #75.

• Advertisement
Advertisement