Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

turtle beach xlc

• 18-08-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

i have just both turtle beach xlc headphones which i have set up with the telly but my voice communicator will not work when plugged into the controller has anyone had this problem and would they know how to fix it thanks for any help:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

unit88 wrote: »
    i have just both turtle beach xlc headphones which i have set up with the telly but my voice communicator will not work when plugged into the controller has anyone had this problem and would they know how to fix it thanks for any help:D

I have the x31s. Encountered a similar prob before, but it was my own fault.
    Check that you can speak using another mic, and ensure your mic is not muted on the xbox settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Thinking of buying the X11s (at least, I think they are X11s) in HMV (about 58 quid). Are they worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Thinking of buying the X11s (at least, I think they are X11s) in HMV (about 58 quid). Are they worth it?

Yes they are, the difference in the sound from these against the normal headset is amazing. Just used mine for the first time yesterday. You can almost hear the grass grow with them.

Yes they are, the difference in the sound from these against the normal headset is amazing. Just used mine for the first time yesterday. You can almost hear the grass grow with them.

Excellent. I must pick them up this week so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

unit88 wrote: »

The cable from the headset to the controller may be the wrong way round. This happened to someone I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭unit88

it was the settings not connected to the speakers thanks for the help they work great thanks fot the help;)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noobsaibot21

Funny this should come up. I bought a Sharkoon 5.1 Digital surround headset (€112 delivered from Germany - usually around €200) recently and they are marvelous! Wired but that doesn't bother me (Very long cable anyway). Modern Warfare 2 is now a totally different game to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

does the turtle beach headset make difference to single player games such as alan wake or just online multiplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

km79 wrote: »
    does the turtle beach headset make difference to single player games such as alan wake or just online multiplayer

I regularly use mine to watch movies, I have an x31 so no wires to worry about but it's basically like (or rather is) having surround sound and adds greatly to the atmosphere imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

worth buying so? i seen one in game for 60 euro dont know what model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Bought the Tritton AX360's nearly two years ago, upgraded to the Turtle Beach x4's, then upgraded them to the Turtle Beach x41's... now considering the new Razer Chimaera (and possibly the Razer Onza's too) but waiting for a proper review on release which should be within the next few months.

I couldn't imagine gaming without 5.1 headphones now. Brings a whole new dimension to the experience. Trust me, you'll love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

i payed31.59 in argo for mine there the xlc version, im not just saying this but the best money i ever spend.there truly brill.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

almanu wrote: »
    i payed31.59 in argo for mine there the xlc version, im not just saying this but the best money i ever spend.there truly brill.:D

Hey, What make are these?

Also, Do the headphones plug into the LCD or the xbox itself ?

Bought the Turtle Beach x11s yesterday in HMV. Only used them for an hour or so with Smackdown (which wouldn't be the best game to highlight them!), but they seem good!

The only thing is the "white noise" i hear when I plug in the usb cable into the 360. Its constantly there, especially when you can't hear any sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I've been playing Modern Warfare since release without headphones.

Is it not a case that your eardrums nearly get blown out when there's gunfire, all in an attempt to hear footsteps?

I.e. To hear footsteps, do i have to turn the volume above comfort level?

Advertisement