Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just moved to westport and wont to treat the other half

Options
  • 18-08-2010 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Just moved to westport and wont to treat the other half to a nice dinner, Where is good?? with out breaking the bank.:)

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Knockranny House Hotel is as good as it gets, but not exactly cheap. An Port Mór has early bird specials, nice place, good food.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

1. O'Malleys on bridge street is allways pretty good
    2. Quay Cottage is located out ay the quay and is very nice and they have a early bird type menu as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

would not recommend o'malleys.

the shebeen isnt bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

My top 5:

Port Mór for intimate cosy feel and great food/service just off Bridge St. (European, Fish/Meat)
    Bella Vita intimate cosy feel and great food/service next to the clock. (Seafood/Italian)
    Merlot for fancy fine dining feel, great atmosphere on busy nights in the Plaza Hotel (European, Fish/Meat)
    The Helm down on the Quay also very good and lively bar. (European, Fish/Meat)
    Sageis also good and do an early-bird. (Seafood/Italian)

All around €15 - 25 per main but most have early-bird menu offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 laraone

Thanks all, I was reading Tripadvisor last night, I was reading about JW's Brasserie, something about a €50 menu with wine ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Good thread here with some more suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭wildlifeman

try Sizzlers, they do a hearty Chicken dinner for less than a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

I grew up in Westport. The Quay Cottage is lovely, it's just on your right just before you drive in the gates of Westport House. Enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I have to say Quay Cottage is beautiful if you order off the main menu but their 'recession buster' section is not nice at all and a waste of money. IMO those type of choices should entice you to go back to the restaurant, Quay Cottage are missing a trick with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 laraone

Had dinner in Jw's Brasserie, Food was great, we ended up having the €50 menu with wine, the place was full and the service was still good,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

laraone wrote: »
    Had dinner in Jw's Brasserie, Food was great, we ended up having the €50 menu with wine, the place was full and the service was still good,

Laraone, was the €50 for two people? If so that was great by Westport standards. Rock on.

Advertisement