Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Best value preorders

• 18-08-2010 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been looking around online at preorders for some games and I thought it might be handy to have a thread for the best value preorders out there. I have been looking at halo reach and fable 3 standard editions and thehut.com appears to be the best value at:
    €45.43 for reach (with Pre-Order Bonus Spartan Recon Helmet Variant)
    €47.93 for fable 3 (with Pre-Order Bonus 'Create Your Own In-Game Villager')

Amazon.co.uk is 1 or 2 yoyos cheaper than the hut for fable 3 but it doesn't state if it includes create your own villager.

Also Medal of Honor standard and limited edition are the same price at €46.93 and Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY (not a preorder but still good value) is €21.43 on blahdvd.com.

Does anyone know if the bricks and mortar shops are doing any good deals on upcoming games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

I don't like pre-orders. I find them to be absolute nonsense. The rewards are generally just novelty items that are useless in the greater scheme of things. The only game that I had any level of difficulty in getting when it was released was RDR, and that wasn't too difficult at all. Don't see the need for pre-orders at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just use this website Link It does exactly what your looking for, it usually has the cheapest price for games. Zavvi is £1 cheaper than the hut for Halo : Reach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

trade in Red Dead for 42.50 in gamestop against a new pre-order game eg fifa 11.

dont know if that offer still stands but what an terrific and stupid offer, i paid 45 for red dead, to lose just 2.50 a few months later is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I agree with you about the preorder bonuses, I'm more concerned with buying games at their cheapest when they are released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

What are the hut like for delivery time? It says to pre-order halo reach for delivery on Sept. 14th but would it actually arrive on release day is the question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    trade in Red Dead for 42.50 in gamestop against a new pre-order game eg fifa 11.

dont know if that offer still stands but what an terrific and stupid offer, i paid 45 for red dead, to lose just 2.50 a few months later is brilliant.

I'm pretty sure that this is an ongoing thing with Gamestop that they give back an extra 25% if you're trading against a pre-order. I traded Singularity and POP The Forgotten Sands, was being offered €48 for the two. When I went to get the credit I was offered €60 if I took it against an upcoming release, Black Ops booked and paid for thank you very glad!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Pat's doing a deal for Boardsies on Halo Reach over on the Gamesnash forum in case you've missed it. </shill> :)

Some great bargains on that find-games.co.uk site mind you. Bookmarked for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Don't know about thehut but i got odst last year the day before its release from sendit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Another site for this sort of thing is gamestracker :) If people want games 100% for release day either buy instore or go with gamesnash

Advertisement