Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level English - Bad results?

• 18-08-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I'm an English teacher with no leaving cert students this year - I'm just wondering what the grades were like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Well I got a B2 and usually get a C1 so I was pretty delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

They were fair. I C2'ed the paper. Happy with that considering it was weakest HL subject

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

My English teacher was there today, said the results were very good overall. I went up a grade so i'm happy with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I got a B3, was quite disappointed... Had been expecting a B1/maybe A2. I got a B2 in the mocks and felt my real exam went much better. It was the only one I was disappointed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TowlieMcD

I got an A2. pretty delighted with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nadia4

for all of 5th year and this year, i have been getting a1's and a2's in English. Today i got a b1, it was the only subject i was slightly disappointed with. I suppose you never know what kind of examiner you get. Im gonna view it and probably get it re checked, just to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I got a C2, considering I put minimal effort into studying the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

got a c2.. went down from a b3 in the pre's. pretty pissed off to be honest about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Got an A2. Was hoping for an A1 but still pleased. Some of my friends got results they really weren't expecting. One friend went from a B3 in mocks to
    D2 today

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

Across the board grades were either of a similar level to before, or a slight improvement. Despite Boland not coming up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

went up from an F in the mocks to a C2 delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I got a D1. Im disappointed with it, I was hoping for a B. But i'll get it viewed and because its english i'll probably recheck it sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I got a B1. I was hoping for an A2 but it didn't end up hurting me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Got an A1 and thought I'd get a B2 at most.. Needless to say surprised and delighted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pimptastic

A1... GIGGITY :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

c3 and well happy about it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

i got an a2!! i'm normally a b2/b3 student so i was quite surprised:) i thought english would be the result i wouldn't count!! i never depended on predictions so i wasn't caught out like a lot of people were in paper 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Got a B1, going to view it along with a few other papers. Might appeal if I need the points.

A friend of mine got an A1 and she usually scores a little less than me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

B2. I'm quite disappointed with that so I'm going to get it rechecked

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Went from a B3 in the mocks to a A2 today, chuffed!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

C1 bit disappointed with that, even though I only had a year to cover the course I felt I did a much better paper this year than last.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Fair enough, got the A2 as expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I was bulling with English,getting it rechecked,A1's in it mostly and an A2 in the mock,got a B3 in the real thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

I've been getting D3's all year, almost failed the mocks but today I got a B3! My English teacher is going to have a heart attack with the shock!!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

C2, Down from the Mocks. Absolutely gutted, was hoping for a B at least maybe an A, put so much work in.

Gonna get it rechecked. How do I do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

B1 in the mocks, A2 in the Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I got a B2 in it. For my best subject I was upset about it so I'm appealing it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I got a B3, was quite disappointed... Had been expecting a B1/maybe A2. I got a B2 in the mocks and felt my real exam went much better. It was the only one I was disappointed with.

In the exact same boat.
    Will be appealing that one.

Overall, some very high grades throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 flamboosh

Got a B2 in the mocks and an A1 in the real thing - was a bit of a shock considering how much I physically despised paper 2 :p not complaining though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

I got an A2 and I am happy. Really wanted that A1 in English but I know the areas that brought me down to an A2, so I got what I deserved, really really pleased overall.

Advertisement