Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level English - Bad results?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

aoife005 wrote: »
    Got an A2 and I didn't even attempt the poetry question. My advice to anyone next year is don't concentrate too much on it and put your time into the other questions.... whoooooop I was so shocked :)

You say you didn't do the studied poetry and got an A2?

The total marks for the paper is 400, the maximum you can get without the prescribed poetry is 350, 350/400 is 87.5% and you're saying you only lost a max of 10 marks of your completed Q's?

And giving that advice is kind of stupid, of course prescribed poetry is important! It's the difference between an A1 and A2 ;)

No offense but I think you're bull****ting! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Ya I dont want my teacher to see my paper, he will tell me I deserved my C2 and make me feel worse. I dont need that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 aoife005

LadyGaga! wrote: »
    You say you didn't do the studied poetry and got an A2?

The total marks for the paper is 400, the maximum you can get without the prescribed poetry is 350, 350/400 is 87.5% and you're saying you only lost a max of 10 marks of your completed Q's?

And giving that advice is kind of stupid, of course prescribed poetry is important! It's the difference between an A1 and A2 ;)

No offense but I think you're bull****ting! :D

Nope! I'm sorry but I'm really proud of my A so I'm going to defend myself. Yes maybe that is the case, that's why I cannot wait to view my script (if I am able)...or maybe there was a mistake..who knows? I had only learned Boland so I had no choice really. I know it's important. What I am saying is that people spend too much time doing it and studying it. How many poets do we learn? 6? 8? You know how much time it takes up in class and how much learning is required. I'm directing this at people who aren't looking for A1s in it of course. I came home crying Boland didn't come up I thought I had failed the whole exam, I was so upset.
    Feck! I'll even try and scan my results onto this if you don't believe me :P
    I'm sooo happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I got a B1 in the mocks and B1 in the real thing. I'm soooooo happy with it. I thought I messed paper 2 up so bad because I stopped going to english a month before the mocks and regretted it come June. Still though...2 grades up from last year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Im reli pissed off with my C2 , twas my only C and I put so god damn effort into it and was getting good grades all year in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 aoife005

Im reli pissed off with my C2 , twas my only C and I put so god damn effort into it and was getting good grades all year in it.

Go get it rechecked. Defo :) English is a weird subject, I either did really bad in it or really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shenry

I got an A1!! ... this was a complete shock as I only got a C2 in the mock! I was delighted as I intend to study English next year:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

How in the name of God did that stupid curve allow so many A's this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

DGRulz wrote: »
    How in the name of God did that stupid curve allow so many A's this year??

I'd say a lot of people who come to this board, especially if they post in it, would be of the more studious kind or at least the type who generally get good marks.
    I wouldn't consider it a good sample of average LC students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I wouldn't consider it a good sample of average LC students.

Ditto. Theres 50,000+ other LC'ers who aren't here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

DGRulz wrote: »
    Yea, same here. I'd look at mine but I really don't want my teacher to see my paper.

You can view your paper alone or ask someone else in with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Terri26 wrote: »
    You can view your paper alone or ask someone else in with you.

I know but its a catch 22 situation, I dont want her there but I wouldnt have anybody but her :S

Anyway put it in today best to devote more time to the other 4 Im looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hatred

I went from 67% to a A2. I worked hard so I think I deserved it although I was expecting a B :P

Advertisement