Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP results?

• 18-08-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Delighted with all I got today [despite PIN problems stopping me checking my results until 1:45pm!!! :rolleyes:].

Although I only got a merit in the LCVP when I was sure I aced it.

How did everyone else do?

EDIT: Will appeal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Pass - being appealed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

only a merit....waste of my time.....which i spent on gamefudge playing games most of the time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

unknown13 wrote: »
    Pass - being appealed
    Crow92 wrote: »
    only a merit....waste of my time.....which i spent on gamefudge playing games most of the time :P

Personally think they marked it harder this year because of the amount of college applicants and the type of subject it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Shameless self-bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Got a Merit, not too bothered about it since I didn't need it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Merit, but I knew it thanks to my piece of s**t portfolio :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mark2006

Distinction! :D
    Beamin! It brought me up 5 points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Mark2006 wrote: »
    Distinction! :D
    Beamin! It brought me up 5 points :D

Same as! :D I forgot about it the first time I tryed to add up the points & all!..delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

****ing merit!!!
    i didnt even get to use it because my other grades gave me higher points
    what a waste lol, deffo appealing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Merit, brought me up 5 points. Think it was the written exam that pulled me down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

dee o gee wrote: »
    Merit, brought me up 5 points. Think it was the written exam that pulled me down.

Same here, I think the written was really awkward this year. Hard to know what they wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dr. Ring

Distinction :D Love LCVP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

only a pass :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EabhaMae

Merit :) And I used it. Got 410 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Got a merit. 445 without even using it. Going to view my scripts and decide then whether or not to appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Distinction all the way :D the past papers really do tell you the answers to every single question that could possibly come up... i spent the 2 nights before the exam just reading the pass exam papers and gettign the answers from the marking schemes and the paper was pi$$ easy as a result - did every question on the paper and had them all finsihed with 45 minutes to go... what an easy exam - and I used it to bring me up anotehr 5 points...

in hindsight it was a waste of time but then again I didn't expect to get on so well so... and the study periods could perhaps have helped some other subject - but I know well I'd have dossed as much in study and I'd have just nothing to show for it...

Happy out with the result - and tip for any student doing it - do the brief of time and put everything in it - everything
    and use the marking scheme - it is actually so unbelievably helpful like:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

got a merit..waste of time for me really didnt even use it. most of my class just messed around on the computers dont think any1 even got a distinction

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Merit. When I saw it I was like DANG because I was almost certain that I would get a Distinction...even my teacher was sure that I would too. Them's the breaks unfortunatly but I'm so going to get it appealed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

How do the points work for LCVP? Would it be a good idea to take it up in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

NotExactly wrote: »
    How do the points work for LCVP?
    Distinction (80% - 100%) - 70 points.
    Merit (60% - 80%) - 50 points
    Pass (40% - 60%) - 30 points

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

got a Merit which i am very happy with since a lot of people in my school just got a Pass...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shenry

SirDarren wrote: »
    Delighted with all I got today [despite PIN problems stopping me checking my results until 1:45pm!!! :rolleyes:].

Although I only got a merit in the LCVP when I was sure I aced it.

How did everyone else do?

EDIT: Will appeal.

Like yourself, I got a Merit, despite the fact that I expected to get a Distinction... Oh well, I wasn't disappointed though - even if it had been a distinction the 70 points still wouldn't have made it in my top six... as well as that, I only crammed for the written paper the weekend before the test!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Got a Merit, I was surprised I did so well actually. I wouldn't recommend LCVP to ANYONE.

I hated it so much and I suppose that's why I didn't get a Distinction. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shenry

I totally agree with you ... I wouldn't recommend it either ... a waste of effort and time in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ClodaghJoan

merit, and i'm so pissed off about it, was sure i had the 70 points in the bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

A feckin pass :mad: :mad:

i didnt think the written exam went brilliantly, but my portfolio was pretty sexy tbh :cool:

Definitely Being appealed! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

My friend failed LCVP.. I myself didn't do it as I thought it would be a waste of time..
    But seriously.. How do you FAIL it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 65516

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Distinction all the way :D the past papers really do tell you the answers to every single question that could possibly come up... i spent the 2 nights before the exam just reading the pass exam papers and gettign the answers from the marking schemes and the paper was pi$$ easy as a result - did every question on the paper and had them all finsihed with 45 minutes to go... what an easy exam - and I used it to bring me up anotehr 5 points...

in hindsight it was a waste of time but then again I didn't expect to get on so well so... and the study periods could perhaps have helped some other subject - but I know well I'd have dossed as much in study and I'd have just nothing to show for it...

Happy out with the result - and tip for any student doing it - do the brief of time and put everything in it - everything

same here, had every exam Q filled in my exam papers the weekend before the exam and got a distinction XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 motivatedqueen

johnmcdnl wrote: »

John totally agree with ya here!I repeated my leaving cert this year, and only got a merit in lcvp last year. My teacher last year said my project was class as i worked so hard in it, but didnt study at all for the written paper and therefore only got a merrit. This year i did what John did, and downloaded the last 7 years marking schemes. Oh my god, could not believe at least 7 questions from the marking schemes that i had studied came up and i knew the answers perfectly. I GOT A DISTINCTION yippey. I admit i hated the case study questions though, when i saw it i was like ohhh no heres my distinction out the window. I thought the video and the questions on it were piss easy and was delighted with the paper overall. I would totally recommed lcvp to anyone, its soooo worth it if you actually put work into it. My advice to anyone doing it, is know every past answer in the marking schemes. They are like the bible as they tell you what the examiner is actually looking for and stops you from bull****ting:) i wish i used them for my other subjects also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can't just 'take up' LCVP. It depends on your school timetabling it and you doing a particular combination of subjects.

http://lcvp.slss.ie/aboutlcvp.html#prog

Advertisement