Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP results?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Daisyxx

Distinction, brought me up 10 point :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

I didn't do it because I was doing all hl subjects but I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone because of the amount of work involved, only to get 50points, only a small % of people get a distinction apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I got a distinction which is handy to have but I didnt need to use it so all that portfolio work seems like such a sham now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Distinction. I'm so pleased about it. Our teacher was brilliant though. If it hadn't been for her, the vast majority of our class wouldn't have gotten distinctions. She made us re-do our portfolios about a thousand times to get them absolutely perfect, and we did so many exam questions in every class. She used to hound us about LCVP. It was annoying at the time, but now I realise that if she hadn't done that, I wouldn't have gotten the distinction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

spurious wrote: »
    You can't just 'take up' LCVP. It depends on your school timetabling it and you doing a particular combination of subjects.

http://lcvp.slss.ie/aboutlcvp.html#prog

One of my best friends did not have required subjects but took the paper and sent off a portfolio, and came back with a merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

One of my best friends did not have required subjects but took the paper and sent off a portfolio, and came back with a merit.

...how is that possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

How is it not? The person marking her folio/script didn't know what other subjects she took... Each subject grade is submitted into your file independently.

EDIT: As far as I'm aware it's up to the school and not the SEC to stop someone who doesn't meet the "requirements" (why are there even requirements? It's a bit stupid if you ask me) from going into the class etc.

EDIT2: Also, with regards to Spurious' comment on school timetabling, I barely went in to half of my LCVP classes, and the last time I went in was in February (partly because I hated the teacher and partly because there was no point to that class) and also came out with a merit. If you do business studies you are fine without going into the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Serkunet

Got a Merit, totally mad, did all that work and I didn't even use the points from it >.>

My friend got a pass which I found strange cause her project was waaay better than mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

shenry wrote: »
    a waste of effort and time

Totally agree. I am seriously considering dropping the subject, even though it's now November and I'm sitting the LC in June. I still don't know why I picked it, maybe because a friend of mine took it up and he loved it,
    but I absolutely despise the subject and I have NEVER gotten on with the teacher. It's a pure waste. In my opinion, you will love it if you love business, but níl suim dá laighead agam i gcúrsaí gnó.

Advertisement