Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on this 02 plan/offer

Options
  • 18-08-2010 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

I was chatting to an O2 rep online (this live chatbox thing on their website) anyway, I inquired about an iPhone and this is what the rep offered me:
    O2: On the o2 Advance 350 plan: we'll give you a massive (2GB) internet on your phone to check/send e-mails, browsing, facebook... 350 minutes to any network and unlimited texts to any network...

O2: Thats for €60 a month with just a one off investment of €89 for the iPhone...

Currently I spend around €40 - €50 per month on credit with 02 anyway, so would this plan be good for me?

I don't use the internet on my phone at the moment as I am pre-pay and don't know how much it would cost me in credit, but I'd like to be able to use it without being ripped off.

I'd do more texting than calling though.

Opinions please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you need 350 minutes though? You will be paying an extra €20 a month, and locked to a contract. Think this true carefully.

Go through what your actual phone usage is, how many calls and texts, and to what networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I don't know tbh.

I will possibly be moving to Dublin in September, so would be phoning home a bit more than now (I live at home, so obviously don't phone home lol) so the extra minutes would come in handy.

Although, currently, I make about 5 phone calls per month using my phone, and each phone is usually less than 5 minutes, the only time it's more than 5 mins, is when someone rings me lol!

I'd text mainly Vodafone, only a few people on O2/Meteor, some texts are international (though I tend to use webtext for sending texts to International numbers).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement