Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Camera on Blog - Possible?

Options
  • 18-08-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

I have an AXIS IP camera and a Netopia (Eircom) Router (spare). I've connected the camera to the router and I've picked up the signal of the video stream on my laptop. Next step is I'd like to experiment to see if I can get the video streaming on the internet (www) and as I have a Google blog (with domain name registration through eNom) hopefully on it.

Is it doable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

vedwards wrote: »
    I have an AXIS IP camera and a Netopia (Eircom) Router (spare). I've connected the camera to the router and I've picked up the signal of the video stream on my laptop. Next step is I'd like to experiment to see if I can get the video streaming on the internet (www) and as I have a Google blog (with domain name registration through eNom) hopefully on it.

Is it doable?

If you can view the camera over HTML, i.e. You can view the stream through a web browser then yes you should be able to do it. You'd need to set up the router to do it however, which isn't too tricky. You'd then have to get a system to router your dynamic IP to a web address (No-ip.org etc should help) However, there is a security problem in that you'd be opening your router and your IP address to the world.

Advertisement