Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find an answer

Options
  • 18-08-2010 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I repeated this year and got the points for my course but I didn't get the subject requirements -I got a C3 in french this year but need a C1.But I got a C1 in french last year.Can I use that??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

MissKt wrote: »
    I repeated this year and got the points for my course but I didn't get the subject requirements -I got a C3 in french this year but need a C1.But I got a C1 in french last year.Can I use that??
    I think that yes, you can, as long as you're not going for medicine where points and requirements must be in the same year. Whats the course you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm fairly sure you can, aye.
    You can definitely carry on a previous year's passes (in, say, the "hard requisite subjects", like English or Maths or Irish), and use the points garnered from "easy subjects" in your repeat year, so I'd presume you can still use the C1 from last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

You can use both years for requirements, but only the points from your most recent attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

You're fine. Points are taken from one sitting. Requirements can be taken from multiple sittings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MissKt

I want to do Commerce with Chinese but you need a HC1 in a language other than english I got that requirment last year but not the points and the other way round this year......so I dunno does the fact I did get a hc1 last year in my language count!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Would I be right in saying then...I got one honour this year in English and last year an honour in Business. Could I count that as two honours which most level 8's require?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

MissKt wrote: »
    I want to do Commerce with Chinese but you need a HC1 in a language other than english I got that requirment last year but not the points and the other way round this year......so I dunno does the fact I did get a hc1 last year in my language count!?!

Give us the course code and college and I'll look it up for ya :)
    Finical wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying then...I got one honour this year in English and last year an honour in Business. Could I count that as two honours which most level 8's require?

I think so, yes. You'll know with the offer anyway.

Advertisement