Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to buy a wireless router,can i get an Eircom to work on different supplier?

• 18-08-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

So i have a wired receiver for my Clearwire Broadband and i want to transmit it for wireless,can i get the likes on an Eircom router secondhand and hook it up to my wired Clearwire box to do this,do they just need to be configured etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Yes. A router is not ISP specific (as far as I know!). I mean all you need to do is get the username/password and other attributes of your current router and then apply them to a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Not in the sense that it is a router, you can use it as a wireless access point by connecting to a lan port and turning off the DHCP server and letting the Clearwire (why oh why use that shower) box do the routing.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Thanks for the replies,
    so if i had an old Eircom Wireless router and connected the Lan cable from the Clearwire router into it,i could transmit the signal granted i have the Username/Password then for the Eircom one?

Just,so they are generally not locked to use only with the original product supplier and they can be used in the same way as say a Belkin wireless router product?

It`s actually my old mans provider,just trying to get him sorted,trust me i`ve tried to get him to shift but not a chance;),he`s only a mild user anyway:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yeah you can hook up the Clearfire device to a LAN port and then just use the Netopia as an AP, you can reset the WiFi password using a wired connection without the need to know the password and Bob will be your mothers brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Thanks guys,i got it sorted last night,tried it through my Vodafone at home,the Eircom worked fine once password etc was entered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement