Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting film out of the filmholder?

• 18-08-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭

Been prep'ing for some large format photography and I have a quick question:

I'm using Fidelity filmholders. The film slides in no problem, but sliding it back out (in a dark bag) seems to be, well not complicated but awkward. It's as if you have to get a finger nail or something beneath the film so that it slides over the lip that holds it in... can be tricky.

Am I missing something here or is there a simpler way of doing this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Am I missing something here or is there a simpler way of doing this?

Cheers

Not really no, the fidelity ones at least though should have a little depression at the end to allow you to get the tip of your finger under the edge of the film without too much difficulty. I've only ever used the 8x10 ones, I'm guessing you're using the 4x5's ? It's probably a little easier with everything scaled up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Aye.. 4x5 and they do have the depression but you'd want nails like a werewolf to get in under the film.

Cheers

Aye.. 4x5 and they do have the depression but you'd want nails like a werewolf to get in under the film.

Lycanthropy does seem like a harsh price to pay for a spot of hassle free large format photography.

After all the hassle of building myself a device to allow me to hang upside down in order to achieve better composition and focus I now have to get bitten by a werewolf...

This FES corporate ladder lark sucks.

After all the hassle of building myself a device to allow me to hang upside down in order to achieve better composition and focus

no no no, that was to get the sonar autofocus down. sheesh.

• Advertisement

sonar autofocus

:D Admittedly I had to google that one... (don't tell the FES).

Advertisement