Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO question? Differnece between 'Final' and Mid-point'

• 18-08-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a bit confused, on the cao website where they show the points they first have the 'final' points and then beside that they have the 'median' points(which are always higher)

How do I tell how many points I need? For the course I want to do(English in TCD) the 'final' points were 475 and the 'median' points were 515 in 2009. I got 535 so does that mean I am safe?

*difference(sorry, was typing quickly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I think it means the average people had going into the course was 515, and that 475 was the cut off point for the last people getting into it.

You are definately safe with 535

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hi, I'm a bit confused, on the cao website where they show the points they first have the 'final' points and then beside that they have the 'median' points(which are always higher)

How do I tell how many points I need? For the course I want to do(English in TCD) the 'final' points were 475 and the 'median' points were 515 in 2009. I got 535 so does that mean I am safe?

*difference(sorry, was typing quickly)

Final points is what you need to look at. Median, which means middle, in the middle points value achieved by all the people that got the course. It just gives you an idea of the average points of people on the course. Of course people get higher and lower than that.

Advertisement