Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How'd you fare in geog?

• 18-08-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

really expecting an A1 but got a b2. Lots of people in my class were disappointed by a similar margin. How did you guys get on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

My friend who studied really really hard and got a B1 in the mocks got a C1 so she is getting it re-checked as she thought she did well in it, she was shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I usually got A's but thought it was very difficult on the day so i'm really happy with a B1. I know a few people who thought they were going to get a C/D and got a B so it works both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

The very same thing happened my brother. Got a a1 in almost every geography exam he ever took and arrived out with a b2 today. will be looking at the paper and appealing if the mark is close enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Didn't study for it, had a fairly bad project, and the only SRPs I had for the WHOLE exam, were for the Paris Basin.

But B2 at higher level :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

dynamot wrote: »
    really expecting an A1 but got a b2. Lots of people in my class were disappointed by a similar margin. How did you guys get on?
    Exact same position

My best subject, always get As and got a B2. Was aiming for A1, DEFINATELY getting it rechecked!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Same as OP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

C3! Not sure weather to recheck it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

B2 in Higher Level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mega-Man

A1! slighty surprised aswell because i completely ran out of time at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

A2.. was only expecting a B so I'm chuffed:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 greensnake

A1 :D:confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

A2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Exact same, got a C1... was expecting at least a B1. Defo getting it rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Wanted an A expected a B3 got a C2. Unsure about getting a re-check

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mars411

Got a C1. Was happy enough seen as i didnt do the geocolgy or anything in that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Didn't even get it finished, but managed a B3 for my troubles. Quite happy, considering I did that whole course in a year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

I usually got A's all during the 2 years but found some parts of the paper difficult so i got a B1 which i'm pretty happy with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DavidKelly1

I only heard one result in Geo. but they got an A2.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The way your teacher goes about organising and compiling your field study has a big bearing on how many marks you will get in it. I did my LC two years ago, I got an A1, but when I viewed my scripts I noticed I had lost marks in places of the field study that I had not expected. Unfortunately it's not the 20% banker that some people expect. Those of you who are not happy, make sure that view your scripts, and count up every SRP to ensure it's added correctly. Follow the marking scheme that you'll be given while you're doing it. And well done :), Geography isn't as easy a subject as many people believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

ok i done the filed study in two hours after not going to class for about 6 weaks
    done geocolgy in one hour in the morring before the test hated the subject you do notting in it and its gos on about crap the must time
    but got a c2 in hl up from a d3 in the mocks so happy with that i wasint going to get any higger then that with no studying and going to class every faw weaks just to get the sheats that i missed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Mithrid

A1 for me and I almost choked when I saw that considering I left out a 30 marker question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

dynamot wrote: »
    iwas exactly d same...got A1's since 5th yr and in mocks but got a B2 in the real LC...ah well evry exam u sit is different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I walked out of the exam nearly in tears and legged it to the nearest alley to chain smoke, the paper went terribly for me.
    Nearly died when I saw I'd gotten a C1 :D
    I'm going to find my teacher and buy her drinks for the rest of her life, she did a great job on our field study.
    Congrats to everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Got a B2 and was disappointed. I worked my ass off at Geography because I thought it was my best chance at an A1, which I was expecting. I got a B1 in mock for God's sake and we hadn't done loads of stuff at that stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

C1, genuinely the best I could have done so Im happy. The fieldwork definitely brought me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I got an A1, I worked very hard for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Got a B3, might view the script and maybe appeal because I thought I had done a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

A2,and am happy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

A1 but I expected that after a fair amount of work-Geo is a really nice subject!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 GAAmadd

went from a fail in mocks to a C2, so happy enough:D

Advertisement