Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake Making Pressie

Options
  • 18-08-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys,

A quick question. I'm newly returned to Galway so not too familiar with new shops etc.

I'm on the search for a pressie for a cake making enthusiast, cake stand, cute cup cake holder thingys, stuff to put on top of them (I'm not really an expert!).

If any of you could point me in the direction of somewhere that sells this stuff, that would be great!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 freedomrevolt

If I were you I'd check out Ryans Homestore on Lombard Street (It's across from the Market Square). They have all that kitchen stuff. I'm no expert either but that's where I'd go and ask questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Wink

Freedomrevolt, thanks for that, Anthony Ryans are bound to have something - they have everything!

Flowertattoo, thanks too, I would try online except I'm as disorganised as they come and have left it too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Downstairs in the city shopping centre there is a place for kitchen stuff, is it Occasions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I think that place is closed but I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

it was options but its closed down now.

Ryans homestore is a good bet (bring loads of money)

but you should definitely also try Barna Gifts on Mainguard Street and Kilkenny on High Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

oh, a good place would be Meadows and Byrne on Merchants Road - you should definitely get something there

Its upstairs from Blarney (where the old McDonaghs used to be)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Occaisions still have their shop in the Galway Shopping Center.

Don't rule out something like a cute apron or some tea towels for someone who likes to bake :)

Thanks a million guys, lots of options!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ryan's is good alright, bit pricey sometimes but nice. Try TK Maxx, at the moment they have some lovely wire cupcake stands and always have a few bits and pieces.

I know it's far away but in Athlone Town Centre there's a new shop stocking gorgeous cupcake stands etc, pretty 2 tier plate ones.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I completely forgot tk maxx was open now. Will defo pop in there too.

Advertisement