Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question....

• 18-08-2010 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I got 405 points which is more then enough for trinity computer science. However i only got a d2 in higher maths & although im gonna view my script is it possible to get into my course even tho it requires a c3? I also got accepted for hear. Any help would be appreciated :D if not dit computer science here i come :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I would advise contacting the department in the college. Most of the maths taught in LC will be fairly irrelevant for CS, so it's not that you'll be starting off on the back foot. Just contact them, convince them you'd like to do the subject, maybe say you just had a bad day (or two) when you sat the maths exam, that you'll work hard, and see what happens. Then if the department gives you the go-ahead there may be a way around the CAO method..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Tony1130

Ficheall wrote: »
    I would advise contacting the department in the college. Most of the maths taught in LC will be fairly irrelevant for CS, so it's not that you'll be starting off on the back foot. Just contact them, convince them you'd like to do the subject, maybe say you just had a bad day (or two) when you sat the maths exam, that you'll work hard, and see what happens. Then if the department gives you the go-ahead there may be a way around the CAO method..

Ye if i dont see anything wrong with d marking scheme im gonna do tht thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Maniacle

You have to have the C3 in maths to get into your computer science course in Trinity, as it is a requirement. I applied to Business and Computing in Trinity last year and although I had more than enough points to do the course, I wasn't accepted because I didn't get the required A2 I needed in my maths I only got a B1.

Hope this helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Ficheall wrote: »

You won't be able to circumvent the CAO unless there's an empty space on the course, which is highly unlikely.
    They might allow you to sit a special maths exam for it though. I know it's done in UL if you get the points but not the maths requirement. They might do the same thing.

Advertisement