Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Longford Rock Nite

Options
  • 18-08-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Sat September 18th
    We're doin a free rock night in PV's the red room for some fun.
    Theres DJ's from Fibbers Rock Bar in Dublin and smoke machines. Plus its 2 euro all drinks all night. :P

RockGigPoster.jpg

If we get a good turn out we'll accept the losson balance and do it for the craic regularly. Tell your mates.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

longford? jaysus

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Zombienosh wrote: »
    longford? jaysus
    Yeah but they've got smoke machines!
    ANyhow, I'd bring my own smokes!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's not often we would get a rock ANYTHING here that isn't 14 and 15 year olds playing Bad Penny.. I'll probably head to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ArdRi79

Good stuff Denny \m/

We're in the same boat as yourself we all moved down to Longford from Dublin and Kildare a few months ago. If you let us know what you want to hear in advance we'll blast it out.

We've got a DJ from Bruxelles in Dublin comin down now too.

\m/

• Advertisement

ArdRi79 wrote: »
    We've got a DJ from Bruxelles in Dublin comin down now too.

\m/

no we bloody well dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 synyster

well about time Longford done something decent
    instead of all the ****e music EVERY weekend
    from pop to dance
    theres a big rock following in Longford and nothing for them

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Harrocks

May go up home that weekend.some clutch ,ac/dc,Entombed would be rocking that night.Great idea who ever is responsible for making it happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What sort of music will there be, band wise? (not including those on the poster)

Harrocks wrote: »
    May go up home that weekend.some clutch ,ac/dc,Entombed would be rocking that night.Great idea who ever is responsible for making it happen.

The DJ's are up for it Harrocks, is there any particular songs from them you want to hear? Theyll probably have them on the night but just in case.

• Advertisement

Denny M wrote: »
    What sort of music will there be, band wise? (not including those on the poster)

Its goin to be a diverse night Denny so we can get a feel for who's around in the town and whats goin to fly. Theres no playlist it all depends on who shows up on the night and what requests we get.

We've a flight case full of wide ranging rock music from the last 50 years and Ive an external hardrive waitin to roll with death, black, slam, grind and all the good noise just in case ;).

Well I like the sound of the death, black and grind alright :D

Clutch tracks like immortal,impetus from there debut ep,spacegrass
    Entombed tracks like the left hand path,lights out,wreckage
    Ac/dc gotta have some rosie,let there be rock,warmachine etc
    Prong snap your fingers snap your neck
    Propain Death on the dance floor would be bonuses

Good shtuff Harrocks we've got the tunes and we'll play em loud! \m/

AC DC seem to be big in Longford loads of people are lookin for em

sounds like a great nights to be had
    am really looking forward to it now
    i can see there been a big enough crowd
    i know most my family from all ages will attend

Nice one Ardri79 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Great stuff mate used to play in the red room regular with my old band KNUCKLEHEAD always a bunch of rockers i think we even lashed out highway star one night! We did stephens day about 4 years on the trot aswell mental place savage venue! Best of luck with it man!

Cheers Smelltheglove my step bro used to do a deadly version of highwaystar w his covers band he even whipped out the jazz flute on the jethro tull numbers. The did a load of classic numbers. What was KNUCKLEHEAD like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

here ya go band disbanded last year.. http://www.myspace.com/knuckleheadrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ghosti

ArdRi79 wrote: »
    Its goin to be a diverse night Denny so we can get a feel for who's around in the town and whats goin to fly. Theres no playlist it all depends on who shows up on the night and what requests we get.

We've a flight case full of wide ranging rock music from the last 50 years and Ive an external hardrive waitin to roll with death, black, slam, grind and all the good noise just in case ;).
    ok a list of some of the stuff that will be played on the night pantera,napalm death,death,samael,children of bodom,kreator,amon armath,metallica,eyes set to kill,carcass,iron maiden,megadeth,3 inches of blood,hatebreed,fear factory,ac dc,m...otorhead,angel witch,anthrax,avenged sevenfold,black label society,soundgarden,alice in chains,oceano,black sabbath,bodycount,cannibal corpse,clutch,entombed,danzig,combichrist,deep purple,disturbed,dropkick murphys,faith no more,godsmack,guns n roses,in flames,judas priest,korn,led zepplin,thin lizzy,misfits,nightwish,obituary phew thats just a few there will be more :-) slayer biohazard so on and so on

• Advertisement

i will be djing on the night :)

:D

im liking the range of music
    and looking forward to iit now

should be a great night im lookin forward to doing it :)

will they hold it more regular then if theres a crowd at it??
    id love to see something like this on regular basis
    saves me going to dublin all the time;)

Looks like I'll be there for definite, awesome.

Edit: my 1337 post, awh yeah!

if there is a crowd and all goes well i can see myself doing it regularly:D

super :D

Advertisement