Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry Results 2010

• 18-08-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

just wondering if everyone was surprised by how they did in chemistry?
    i came out of the exam crying thinking i scraped a C and discovered that i got a B1 today :D delighted :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

Yeah I thought I scraped an A2 when in fact I got an A1! Completely out of the blue!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Really wanted an A1 but got an A2.. Still delighted, did the course with a grind in a year :)

Yeah I never counted Chem as an A1 subject but I got an A2 in DCG which I wanted an A1 in so it balanced out I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭HOBO123

your making me feel stupid . stop ha :)
    im repeating btw so ill get it next time :D

Only 2 in my class got an A1 so dont feel bad! Things just went right for me.. Serious partying tonight peeps :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭HOBO123

fo sho :P i see you got 590 thats amazing you must be crazy smart haha :D u deserve to party hard for gettin that! :P

I worked really hard but I had luck too!! Hoping to god trinity med doesnt go up too much from last year... I have 725 and it was 723 last year... AHHHHHH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joemcg18

i got a B1 after a D3 in the pre's

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Went down from an A2 to a B1. Will be appealing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

zam wrote: »
    Really wanted an A1 but got an A2.. Still delighted, did the course with a grind in a year :)

this is true for me too but I did it in school Idid have 8 other subjects though lol

every1 was expecting 600 from me and it's so weird when you don't end up near that :(

French was my only A1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Got an A1. Was expecting/hoping for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

A2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

A2....i thought i failed :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dr. Ring

Got a B1. Absolutely gutted. Not to sound stuck up but In chem im an A1 student so Ill b gettin it rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I was also an A1 student and got a B2. It cost me my UCAS course, so gutted to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

I got an A1 after getting a B2 in the mocks... Was failing chem all of 5th year and half of 6th year and had a **** teacher so I am absolutely delighted!! Well done everyone for struggling through that god-awful subject!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Same as OP, I was devastated after the chemistry exam thinking I'd be lucky to get a C, but I got a B1!
    I put so much effort into chemistry this year, thinking it would be my weakest subject so to get that was just a lovely surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

A2...:D thought i did much worse coming out despite the fact i was anA1 student all year...not one bit diappointed mind, it was an usually difficult paper imo

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Got a B1 but really feel i deserved/had put the effort in for an A1. Got A1s the whole way through. Ill defo go look at it and see because the class as a whole seem to be disappointed nobody in it got what they deserved so perhaps the corrector was quite tough on us. After being happy with the exam I was a bit shocked when I saw the B1.

lc2010 wrote: »
    Got a B1 but really feel i deserved/had put the effort in for an A1. Got A1s the whole way through. Ill defo go look at it and see because the class as a whole seem to be disappointed nobody in it got what they deserved so perhaps the corrector was quite tough on us. After being happy with the exam I was a bit shocked when I saw the B1.

even though i was happy with my A2 i like you got lower then my year long standard. my class were also disappointed. In the mocks like 6 people got an A now there was only one A, myself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Akanthia

lots of you are getting As!
    going into 5th year, doing chemistry

any tips?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

kmhenry wrote: »
    even though i was happy with my A2 i like you got lower then my year long standard. my class were also disappointed. In the mocks like 6 people got an A now there was only one A, myself!!

Yeah as I said no one was happy in our class. Was talking to our teacher and she's going to look at them with us but she thinks the whole class should appeal them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Got a dainty d1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Akanthia wrote: »

Exam papers, over and over and over...reckon I did each year at least 10 times!

Akanthia wrote: »

Learn all the exam papers inside out AND get yourself the Chemistry Essentials unfolded by the Celtic Press and Learn it off!!!! it works...i got an A2, prob wud hav got an A1 if I bought the Essentials unfolded earlier!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Shan32591

A1 really wasn't expecting it after that paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

D2.... D-fúckin-lighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

got an A1, was expecting a B1 at last. got a C2 in it last year!

Advertisement