Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking - road by St. Finbarrs Car Park

Options
  • 18-08-2010 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

I've been told that you can park with impunity on the car park side of the road that runs along Wandesford Quay. No city parking signs up there to prevent you?

Rumour is that the road is actually part of the development that took place there a few years ago and city council have no control over it ?

Is this an urban myth or true ?

Comments

jacko1 wrote: »
    I've been told that you can park with impunity on the car park side of the road that runs along Wandesford Quay. No city parking signs up there to prevent you?

There is definitely signs there (on the side across from the scratch office), that Go Car crowd or whatever they were called had a few spaces there too. On the river side it's disk parking, I think the other side is double yellow lines butI'm not at all sure. If you're on about the side to the left of Sherman Crawford Street heading from St Als school there us a continuous white line in the centre of the road iirc so it is illegal to park on either side as traffic would then have to cross the white line. I think it is correct that there are no parking signs there then, the white line is sufficient. You can't park there anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

RoverJames wrote: »
    If you're on about the side to the left of Sherman Crawford Street heading from St Als school there us a continuous white line in the centre of the road iirc so it is illegal to park on either side as traffic would then have to cross the white line. I think it is correct that there are no parking signs there then, the white line is sufficient. You can't park there anyway ;)

The continuous white line catches people out a lot. Seems there are quite a few people who don't know that this means you can't park there. I saw the council having great fun a few months back clamping a whole road of cars as there parked where there is a continuous white line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

yes, road between sharman crawford st and lancaster lodge is where i am on about

I'll have a look later on the way to the gym if I remember ;)

I was wrong, no continuous white line but there are double yellows on both sides, whoever said you can park there with impunity is a right f***tard :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

there are no "no parking" signs and the parking laws are not enforceble without these - the double yellows were apparantly put in by the developer

jacko1 wrote: »
    there are no "no parking" signs and the parking laws are not enforceble without these - the double yellows were apparantly put in by the developer

Seems as you're so cocksure of that why not park there and see how you get on ;) Why start the thread at all ?

Advertisement