Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Grinds Waterford

Options
  • 18-08-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any Grinds teacher in waterford for honours leaving certificate irish? Am just finished a degree and want to go back to repeat this exam so as to be able to do Primary Teaching HDip.

Have looked on Leaving Cert page but found nothing for waterford. Any info would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xxtigsxx

Hi, I'm a trainee primary school teacher in Limerick but live in the Waterford region. I give grinds in both Maths and Irish up to Leaving Certificate. I might be able to help.
    Tigs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Eileen Gildea (teacher in Presentation, think she lives around Tramore) would certainly be one of the most highly regarded, often gives small group grinds

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fairy22

Thanks for that guys, Would you happen to have Eileens number or know where i could find it? if you could mail me your number xxtigsxx that would be great also :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ms MEL

I second the recommendation for Eileen Gildea, she is a brilliant Irish teacher and will equip you with some brilliant vocabulary. Unfortunately I don't have her number but you could ring the school they might be able to get you in touch with her. The number for the Presentation Secondary is 051 376584.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fairy22

Oh thats great, thanks for that, just rang there but office is closed until monday 23rd so will try again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

There is a Ciorcal Comhrá in the Gingerman Bar every Thursday from 9.30 till midnight, I have found that it is a great way to practice your spoken Irish. Everyone is welcome.

Slán:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chicago90

Does anybody know is the Ciorcal comhra still on in the Gingerman Bar? Or can anybody suggest anybody that can give Irish grinds in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've got Eileen Gildea's number, I'll pm it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chicago90

That'd be great, thanks

PMs sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mary71

Hi Deise Mum

Could you PM me Ms Gildea's No. I had her as a teacher for 6 years and would like grind for my son for sixth year honours Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 33 IrishCalypso

You could PM her number to me to please.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Whitea25

Hi there, does anyone know if eileen still does irish grinds?

Advertisement