Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't meet the requirements, what next?

• 18-08-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Overall i'm quite chuffed with my results, i have enough points for the course i want but i don't meet the course requirement of needing at least a C3 in an honours Science subject.
    I got a D1 in Biology which i was pretty devestated about considering it was my best and favourite subject beforehand and i ended up doing the worst in it :confused:. I was quite nervous on the day and i ended up hating the paper to bits so i don't think an appeal will change anything.
    I was wondering is there anything i could do seeing as I'm only one grade away from meeting the course requirement, will i need to repeat my leaving cert? I didn't apply for any PLCs so i really have no idea what to do now. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Get it re-checked. The examiner may have made some mistakes. You'll regret it if you don't check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Take kev910 advice. Re-checking it is the only thing you can do at this stage. Keep the fingers crossed that your just off the grade and the marker forgot to add something on or incorrectly marked something. Best of luck op.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Some universities count geography and maths as sciences, you might want to check that out before you lose fate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Certainly you should view the paper with a teacher, preferably an experienced examiner. Given that you're quite close, it may be worth a re-check ...

Advertisement