Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Study or Part Time Psychology course - advice needed

Options
  • 18-08-2010 5:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking at the possibility of doing either a home study or part time Psychology course through to Degree level(or similar).

I am a 27 year old originally from the UK but relocated to Dublin last July to accept a position in Cherrywood. I am educated to Standard Grade level in the UK and then I left school and got a job due to be becoming a (very young) father.

I never had the opportunity to follow any further educational path due to having to work as soon as I was 16, but I don’t regret any of it. J I have self educated myself in Psychology for the past 6 or 7 years and have read just about every book out there but would like to officially hold a qualification in the field.

I have a very good job, which I love and am absolutely committed to my continued progress within the company itself so I have no intention to leave and pursue a full time course nor do I wish to complete a course and go into another line of work.

After speaking with my HR department, I have identified that the company will fund goal of further education up to 900 Euros per annum. So I am actively looking for any advice that anyone may have that can help me get started.

I genuinely don’t even know the basics, I don’t know if I it needs to be from an Irish institution or if it’s a home base I can go through the Open Uni in the UK. I don’t know if my lack of education would mean that I need to do higher first or if I could go straight into an Introduction course then onto the degree as a mature student.

I honestly don’t have a clue where to start, but I do know that I really want to make this work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Open University undergrad courses have no entry barriers - so you need no further education/training etc in order to register for one.

Advertisement