Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch BS 110N Battery

Options
  • 18-08-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have the Phonewatch (Simon) system - no longer subscribed to Eircom monitoring sevrice. It is saying that the Battery is low. I have taken battery out: BS 110N

Tried Maplin, but they don't have them.
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy these in Limerick area or online?

Thanks In Advance,
    SkatesOn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

Found the same battery (FIAMM FG10381) here: http://shop.emcbattery.com/FIAMM-FG10381-FG10381.htm?categoryId=15
    And also another couple of sites, but they don't seem to ship to Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

SkatesOn wrote: »
    I have the Phonewatch (Simon) system - no longer subscribed to Eircom monitoring sevrice. It is saying that the Battery is low. I have taken battery out: BS 110N

Tried Maplin, but they don't have them.
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy these in Limerick area or online?

Thanks In Advance,
    SkatesOn

You should contact a dealer who installs for them and purchase one.

FYI: Have ordered the battery from here: http://www.blueboxbatteries.co.uk/basket-view.asp?atb=1&id=151 for delivery to an English address...

FYI: Have ordered the battery from here: http://www.blueboxbatteries.co.uk/basket-view.asp?atb=1&id=151 for delivery to an English address...

They do deliver to Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

feic it ted :rolleyes: just seen this now, ive a few here if your stuck, let me know if ye need one.

• Advertisement

Just following up on this:

Got the battery, installed it in about 5 secs, works perfectly.

Saved myself the Phonewatch call out fee of €110.00 and their overpriced battery: €40.00

Just following up on this:

Got the battery, installed it in about 5 secs, works perfectly.

Saved myself the Phonewatch call out fee of €110.00 and their overpriced battery: €40.00

Good to hear you got it sorted, if you have any more issues with the alarm you will get loads of help here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 coco79

After some ringing around I got a replacement battery for Eircom Phonewatch alarm at Europower Batteries in Glasnevin recently..cost me €30.00 and installed it myself. Happy days!

coco79 wrote: »
    After some ringing around I got a replacement battery for Eircom Phonewatch alarm at Europower Batteries in Glasnevin recently..cost me €30.00 and installed it myself. Happy days!

What system did you get the battery for ?

It's a 6V 3.8AH battery..exact same size as the original...alarm system approx 4 years old

• Advertisement

It's a 6V 3.8AH battery..exact same size as the original...alarm system approx 4 years old

Good to know, handy if I am ever stuck :D

Yes seems the original batteries in these alarms have an average of 4-5 years lifetime so good to know they can be sourced in Dublin!

Yes seems the original batteries in these alarms have an average of 4-5 years lifetime so good to know they can be sourced in Dublin!

Works out cheaper to source from the UK site if your not in a rush for it. 4-6 years would generally be the life span of the battery of the Simon alarm.

Yes but delivery normally 3+days from the UK and I couldn't put up with the beeping a minute longer!!!! Collected it myself from Europower and they have overnight courier service too that will deliver anywhere in the country

Yes but delivery normally 3+days from the UK and I couldn't put up with the beeping a minute longer!!!! Collected it myself from Europower and they have overnight courier service too that will deliver anywhere in the country

That would bring the price of the battery to over €40, as I said if your in a rush they are handy but if not the UK site works out a lot cheaper.

Very easy to turn off the beeps, delete option 1. Always remember to turn them back on when you replace the battery :D

Thanks for that. Battery 30 euro and delivery nationwide is 10 euro apparently so it would come to 40 quid but you can save yourself the tenner by collecting. It's just 5 mins off M50 and v easy to find...batteries for everything there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

. . . . I couldn't put up with the beeping a minute longer!!!! . . . .

Mine was beeping for the past 5 months !! Every 2 minutes it beeped 5 times !!! Thanks to Alto though peace and harmony have been restored . . . and the sledge hammer put away too !! :D

Thanks again Altor !!

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    Mine was beeping for the past 5 months !! Every 2 minutes it beeped 5 times !!! Thanks to Alto though peace and harmony have been restored . . . and the sledge hammer put away too !! :D

Thanks again Altor !!

Ken

All easy when you know how :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jofus52

Have a phone watch system myself, not sure what make (how do I find out). I need to replace internal battery. How do I get one and how do I change it without activation. Thanks.

jofus52 wrote: »
    Have a phone watch system myself, not sure what make (how do I find out). I need to replace internal battery. How do I get one and how do I change it without activation. Thanks.

If you post a picture of the alarm more than happy to tell you what system you have.

• Advertisement

Hi, Hopefully I've attached pic of panel.(otherwise I'll look a right wally)

Hi, Hopefully I've attached pic of panel.(otherwise I'll look a right wally)

Your in the clear :D

It is a Simon alarm, the battery is located in behind the two front lids.
    Turn off the mains going to the control panel, drop the front lid, drop the second lid and disconnect the battery.
    If your system is not monitored anymore you can set it up to ring one phone number also.

Thanks for that, I'll get the battery as per above posts and fit. Will bells activate? If so, can I disable. I read earlier I can stop beeps, can I do that with this panel? Many thanks

Thanks for that, I'll get the battery as per above posts and fit. Will bells activate? If so, can I disable. I read earlier I can stop beeps, can I do that with this panel? Many thanks

If the battery is dead then the control panel will go dead when you power off the mains so no need to disable the trouble beeps.

Thanks Altor.

Thanks Altor.

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Hi all, looking for battery also, but can't see the delivery option for Ireland on the UK Battery site? Any pointers? Thank you.

Hi all, looking for battery also, but can't see the delivery option for Ireland on the UK Battery site? Any pointers? Thank you.

Send them a e-mail. More than happy to deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Thanks Altor...will do

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor...will do

Your welcome, any problems let us know..

Advertisement