Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Meteor

Options
  • 18-08-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hello folks,

First time poster in this section, but here is my tail of woe....

In June I bought a shiny new HTC Desire from Meteor. Worked fine for a while, until I moved house. I cannot get reception in the new house and am constantly getting a "Limited Service" message on the screen. So I got onto the folks at Meteor Customer Support and reported the issue, I gave up my list of dropped calls (twice) and it was passed up to tech support. Tech support came back and informed me that they were puzzled as I was within a kilometer of 4 masts. I even tried switching to 2g mode with no joy.

So today, Meteor have contacted me to agree terms on a contract cancellation, but it transpires that I will have to return the phone to them in order to get back the money that I payed for the phone. I have no problem sending the phone back, barring the fact that I do not have the box or hands free kit that came with it. I am worried that I am not going to see my cash because of the missing items. Is there any guarantee I can get to get my money back?

Any advice in regards to the issue would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Odin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lucky for you, you should be able to cancel the contract without hassle because of changes in T&C's.

More info on this thread: http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/21154/Samsung_37_inch_Full_HD_LED_UE37C5800_Series_with_4_HDMI_and_USB_Connection/
    You only have 3 days to do so though. Ring the cancellations number directly. Say you want to cancel the contract because you dont agree with the changes, switch to payg, and then port to any network you like that has the better coverage in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Davy wrote: »
    Lucky for you, you should be able to cancel the contract without hassle because of changes in T&C's.

More info on this thread: http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/21154/Samsung_37_inch_Full_HD_LED_UE37C5800_Series_with_4_HDMI_and_USB_Connection/
    You only have 3 days to do so though. Ring the cancellations number directly. Say you want to cancel the contract because you dont agree with the changes, switch to payg, and then port to any network you like that has the better coverage in your area.

Fair enough but i think he has already spoken to cancelations.

OP if you have spoken to them and agreed to return the phone i wouldnt attempt the above.

If they agree you have no coverage and allowing you to leave without penalty i wouldnt worry about the missing items!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

Davy, you are an absolute LEGEND :D:D:D

I will miss the 3g, but barring that I am happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

Fair enough but i think he has already spoken to cancelations.

OP if you have spoken to them and agreed to return the phone i wouldnt attempt the above.

If they agree you have no coverage and allowing you to leave without penalty i wouldnt worry about the missing items!

I had spoken to cancellations earlier in the day, but I now get to hold onto the phone, which suits me as I cannot really afford to get a new one.

Advertisement