Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses in Roscam-> Duirling

Options
  • 18-08-2010 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi,

I am taking up lease of a property in Duirling, Roscam in Galway, and although threads do exist in relation to the area of Roscam they are somewhat dated.

Does anyone have any insight in that particular estate, and the quality of the houses built there relative to the insulation etc?

What time would you have to get the bus at to have you in city center for work at 0845am?

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Built by O' Malleys who have a very good name and have been around Galway a long time. They built most of the estates around that part of Roscam so if you drive around you will see they look good and are well kept.

No info on the buses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I lived in a three bed end of terrace in Duirling for a year. No complaints with the house, lovely quiet estate.

I only ever got the bus once, I work at 8 would usually leave the house at 7.50 so went out at 7.30 to be on the safe side. The bus came at 7.55 and I got to work (moneenageisha rd) at 8.15. You cant rely on the buses. That was two years ago so maybe it has improved or I just got it on a bad day!

EDIT: are you renting through a property management company? The one we went through were a disaster and would never recommend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

In general I allow for 30 minutes to get me to Eyre square via bus.

(My mum is German though - efficiency is religion and tardiness is a cardinal sin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Springerman

Thanks a million, fair play on buses, that sounds good! We are renting privately TG, majority of those agencies in the city are painful to deal with! Was it expensive to heat the house, I think its gas as far as I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

yep its gas, it wasnt dear maybe €80/two months but my housemate had a habit of putting the heat on and "forgetting" about it!

Only things is we had to pay €250 deposit to FloGas, that was paying by DD, it was €390 if paying in PO etc.

• Advertisement

expensive enough really! Suppose you not paying for any other heat! Fair lump of a deposit needed, does it take long to set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I think the gas is about 70c/day just for having it, before you turn anything on. If the place has an elec shower, you could boil kettles for washing up and get some convector heaters if money is tight. The insulation should be pretty good there. My daughter had a 2 bed flat just opposite the Spar a couple of years ago.

Thanks! 70c/day!!! Had storage heaters in the last house, were terrible expensive, highlighted too by the poor insulation in the house then!! Any way looking gas doesn't have any wastage, is clean and quick I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

I live in roscam and get the bus. the bus leaves parkmore every 15 mins and takes 5 to 10 mins to get to roscam id give it 30 mins to get to town in traffic from roscam. i would be at the bus stop for 805am to get to town for 845 if i were u. i wouldnt wait any later because the bus can get jammed bringing kids to school and ive seen it go past because its to full. coming home from town in the afternoon can be nuts between 4 and 6 all the kids and all the crazies trying to get home. on the whole it is reliable especially outside of rush hour. by the way roscam is great and very quiet

Cheers!

Heard its a grand spot alright. Can only imagine what the bus wold be like when school starts, and Im pretty sure driving would be slow enough too unless you left in good time.

How did you find the gas heating, cost wise etc? and what TV/broadband would you recommend?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

im using upc for internet and tv and its been fine. im using airtricity and they combined gas and electricity and have been reasonable

Advertisement