Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McCloskey to defend his European title in Letterkenny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

First time there has ever been a European title fight in Donegal.

Would there be much interest from locals in an event like this or would it mostly be people travelling in?

http://boxing-ireland.com/20100818_mccloskey_morrison_announced_6.html

now that would be a great fight to see ,mccloskey is one off the best fighters ave seen in a bit,and yes i will be at it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

The last fight night then had in there looked terrible on tv. There was hardly any atmosphere in the place at all but it seemed fairly full

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Will probably be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭BoxingIrel.com

Just spotted that their is a young Donegal lad called Michael McLaughlin who is due to make his debut on the card as well.

Does anyone know anything about him, where he is from, trains, amateur background, heavy, what he is like - anything at all? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just spotted that their is a young Donegal lad called Michael McLaughlin who is due to make his debut on the card as well.

Does anyone know anything about him, where he is from, trains, amateur background, heavy, what he is like - anything at all? cheers
    With a name like yours, I thought you should know :p

http://www.inishowennews.com/06Sports02174.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭BoxingIrel.com

smashey wrote: »
    With a name like yours, I thought you should know :p

http://www.inishowennews.com/06Sports02174.htm

Good stuff smashey, thanks for that.

I know I would sometimes like to think so, but I dont know everthing. ;)

I'll get his number and give him a call now that I know he fights out of the famous Breen Gym in Belfast. He is in good hands there.

Also it says he thinks he will fight Gavin Prunty - cant see that myself, Irish promoters are not usually in the habit of putting to unbeaten Irish fighters in the ring together. I would expect him to fight a couple of Latvian taxidrivers first to build up a record and some experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

Michael Mc Laughlin is from Glengad in Inishowen. His dad (Liam) i believe is heavily involved in the Carndonagh ABC. His dad and uncle were well known in the Manchester boxing circle years ago. The family moved back to Donegal in early 90's when Michael was just a young lad. I think he is in his mid 20's now.
    I think Michael may have won an All Ireland title a few years ago, sorry i am not really into the boxing scene but i know the family.
    Nice lad.....good singing voice too.

Advertisement