Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gut feeling

• 18-08-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Got my results and as far as Geog, Engineering and Music are concerned my result really dont feel right in my gut, esp with music (Got a C1 expected a A2/B1). Should I bother getting a re-check as it wont really change what course I get??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

DGRulz wrote: »
    Got my results and as far as Geog, Engineering and Music are concerned my result really dont feel right in my gut, esp with music (Got a C1 expected a A2/B1). Should I bother getting a re-check as it wont really change what course I get??
    Arrange to view them first with a teacher, preferably an experienced examiner.

You're in a lucky position if it's not going to make a huge difference, but if you let it slide completely you will always wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

When I say it wont make a difference I mean that it still wouldnt put me close to what I need. Im like 100 points out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Well, if it wont get you the 100 points extra you need, no point in having the scripts remarked.. but it would be interesting to view the corrected script and to see where you went wrong, so you know for the next time round.
    I had that gut feeling too that I was either marked harshly or there was an error made with my Geography Irish and English papers... but never bothered to have em checked cos it wouldnt have gotten me the points I needed either... but even now... 11 years on.. I still wonder about it.
    FOr ease of mind... have a look at em yourself. Doesnt cost anything, but having em remarked will *as far as i know).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

When I say it wont make a difference I mean that it still wouldnt put me close to what I need. Im like 100 points out :(
    Aaah ... sorry, lad, I misunderstood.

I would still say arrange to view them with someone who knows what's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Thanks for the advice will definatly put the form in tomorrow. Can anyone tell me will the school contact my teachers or do i have to do it??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Thanks for the advice will definatly put the form in tomorrow. Can anyone tell me will the school contact my teachers or do i have to do it??

It depends on the school. You'd best ask the secretary about it when you drop in the form. If you ask the secretary to request a teacher I'm sure she/he'll oblige. In my own experience some teachers weren't available to come in, but the vast majority are more than willing. You won't be the only one needing them at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 samehere

will recheck make any difference?i got A2 in chemistry and i thought it should A1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

samehere wrote: »
    will recheck make any difference?i got A2 in chemistry and i thought it should A1

It depends on whether you were awarded marks appropriately or not the first time! View your script, tot up all your marks, and get a teacher to look at it. Decide then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

samehere wrote: »

Same here :mad:

and with OP i got B2 in music and thought I got an A1 =[

Overall though I did far worse than what I was expacting ... I'm far too generous to myself . . . it's an awful feeling:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 samehere

if i will get an offer on monday and in rechecks i will downgraded then what happen with that offer?????????????

• Advertisement
Advertisement