Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish learning resources

Options
  • 18-08-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all, I am considering applying for a h-dip in primary school teaching. A "C" grade at higher level Irish in the Leaving Cert is a entry requirement for all course availiable in Ireland. I haven't got a "C" at higher level, I was wondering what Irish learning resources are availiable in ul? Is there a club/soc? at present I have a d in pass ( never made any effort in it), ideally I would want to sit irish again before I obtain my primary degree so wont have to waste another year.... so basically what i want to know is there any way of raising myself to the required level without shelling out money on expensive one to one grinds? thanks for any advice in advance:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Hi all, I am considering applying for a h-dip in primary school teaching. A "C" grade at higher level Irish in the Leaving Cert is a entry requirement for all course availiable in Ireland. I haven't got a "C" at higher level, I was wondering what Irish learning resources are availiable in ul? Is there a club/soc? at present I have a d in pass ( never made any effort in it), ideally I would want to sit irish again before I obtain my primary degree so wont have to waste another year.... so basically what i want to know is there any way of raising myself to the required level without shelling out money on expensive one to one grinds? thanks for any advice in advance:)

As far as I know there is no Irish soc at the moment.
    I will be going to UL This year and am planning on setting one up.
    I am planning on setting up a Ciorcal Comhrá. In my experience this is a great way to improve your Irish oral skills. If your intrested in joining such a group give me a PM.:)

I would also suggest investing in a copy of Buntús Cainte, Costs about 20 euro. For your writing you could pick up Foinse, Its in the Indo every wendsday, you can also have a look at Gaelscéal on the Internet.

I would also suggest haveing a look on the Gaeilge Fourm in Languages, They get alot of questions like this.

Go n-eirí an t-ádh leat.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

The Language Resource Area organise loads of things throughout the year, all for free for UL students. I don't know about non-students though. http://www.ul.ie/~lcs/languageresourcearea/
    That website is a bit out of date, but you can get more information in person, I'm sure.

Aonag na Gaeilge also offer classes etc, but I think you have to pay for most of these. These are for UL students and non-students alike

And there's talk of a new Irish language group in UL too.

And I'm sure some cash-strapped student would be able to offer you cheap grinds, if you wanted to go down that route! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

Thanks for the replies. Ill take a look the info. Im on exchange for the first semester so won't be around to join any soc/club until jan. Ill get in contact nearer the time. Thanks again :)

Advertisement