Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st

Options
  • 18-08-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello everyone,
    Not sure whether this is the right place, but it seems sufficient enough for this part of the forum. My 21st is coming up reeeeaaaally soon. I'm not having a big one, and i'm not renting a venue, but i want to still have fun and have a good crowd going.
    The problem is, i'm not actually too mad for going out, especially not to clubs, and i don't really listen to pop :o.
    So i'm looking for a nice place in Dublin to go to, with a late licence, that plays either a mixture of music, or more alternative than pop, and that has a nice, big smoking area that you can sit in. because most of my time i'll probably be there with my friends, chatting and catching up.

I'm planning on spending a day of going to those places and just checking them out. It's my 21st, i want to have a good one.

Do any places come to mind? Please please please! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Have it in your house.....cheapest drink prices in the country, you can smoke and take anything you want where you want and you get to choose all the music......save a few quid on taxis aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LaMortis

strobe wrote: »
    Have it in your house.....cheapest drink prices in the country, you can smoke and take anything you want where you want and you get to choose all the music......save a few quid on taxis aswell.

I'd love to! But we share a house with NAZIS!!!!!

Did you not think of posting this in the Dublin city forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Put an open invite up on Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I'm sure he means your home-house, not college house.

Have it at your local IMO, That's what every one of my friends did, and always turned out to be a great night.

• Advertisement

Wow, I actually didn't. Link me?

Nevermind, got it.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Go for a venue that can have a big VIP section! Why not go for a hotel?? You be able to get all your crew to just one spot! The odeon, diceys garden and the capitol might be pub/clubs you could go for with late licences, I'm sure there is a good few more!

Think having it at a friends house or some elses house might be the way to go! best option really! Your friends could stay the night and ye can have a laugh and enjoy yourselves!

Happy 21st!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Mad idea but why not pick a place you'd normally go to ?

• Advertisement

Go for a venue that can have a big VIP section! Why not go for a hotel?? You be able to get all your crew to just one spot! The odeon, diceys garden and the capitol might be pub/clubs you could go for with late licences, I'm sure there is a good few more!

Think having it at a friends house or some elses house might be the way to go! best option really! Your friends could stay the night and ye can have a laugh and enjoy yourselves!

Happy 21st!

There are some great ideas there, thank you! I was actually thinking of Diceys or Capitol, never heard of Odeon, might check that outl.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Mad idea but why not pick a place you'd normally go to ?
    Because I usually go to places my friends drag me, and have a sht time. Plus, I'm inviting a couple of people i haven't seen in years, so i'll want to chat and catch up, instead of shouting into their ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭jordan..

captain americas!

LaMortis wrote: »
    There are some great ideas there, thank you! I was actually thinking of Diceys or Capitol, never heard of Odeon, might check that outl.

Because I usually go to places my friends drag me, and have a sht time. Plus, I'm inviting a couple of people i haven't seen in years, so i'll want to chat and catch up, instead of shouting into their ears.

Diceys great for reasonable price for drinks, great music, lovely spot.
    Capitol, nice drinks, great cocktails, nice spot and good music but Diceys better!
    The Odeon has great decor and great space, has a good sized dancefloor too. The price of anything to drink is very pricey but quality and measures of alcoholic beverages aren't always the best, selection of drinks can be poor in comparison to the other two places I mentioned, music isn't bad, great seating at the venue too. The Odeon is on Hardcourt Street, just opposite where you'd get the Luas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

LaMortis wrote: »

In that case make sure you drag them to a place that you know they will hate :)

ColeTrain wrote: »
    In that case make sure you drag them to a place that you know they will hate :)

Shouldn't the OP drag his friends to a place where he likes regardless if his friends like the place or not! Could be worse..bring them to The Village or hartigans! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Diceys is the best smoking area in Dublin IMO. (Dont even smoke though)

Classy place, good music, food avaiable in the smoking area if required and parties are catered for... had my 25th there (informally, just a big bunch of friends) and was one of the best nights i ever had

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

pop?...stop going to kids discos and go to a nightclub:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->Dublin

Advertisement