Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail, (under?) €10 each way

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Looks like the three bus companies on the route are forcing train fares down at last.
    Bus is faster than the train as well, GoBus only takes 2h 30m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

johndoc wrote: »
    Lots of €10 each way tickets, at least on the Dublin – Galway route, including weekends
    They’ve introduced a €2 laser card transaction fee though.

Combined with the discount code herehttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055982408 that makes it €8.80 each way to Galway
    http://www.irishrail.ie

That lazer card fee is annoying! counteracts the discount code! wonder is it cuz everyone was using the discount code :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

2 euro laser card fee? :( no what is this crap :/
    does it even cost them to take laser? even if it does...a 50c charge should be enough :(

thanks op! :) though im still a "child" :cool: :P so mightn't be too handy for me..but for other family member's it'll help! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

It's a "transaction" fee, what a joke, It's just a nice easy way to make bonus money on all their online bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Is there the same or greater fee for credit cards? (although I tend to use laser when offered)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's nice to see that An Adult is 10 Euro and a Student is 21.50 lol.

I can see it now .."Id please Sir"..presents Student Card..""I'm sorry that's 21.50 sir you're clearly not an Adult yet" :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

the student price is available on all trains whereas the €10 adult fare is a special offer only available on some trains and has to be booked online. student fare can be booked in station.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

code won't work for me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just noticed that transaction fee last night! The f***ers! I always used my laser as there was no charge compared to the €2 for Mastercard, now they go and change it! WTF!??

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Moonbeam wrote: »
    code won't work for me:(

code is o21072, expires on Monday 23/08/2010

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I went in to o2 treats got my code tried to use it and the website kept saying it was invalid so just booked anyway.

I just booked using the following code and I got 20% off my ticket saving €34 from Cork to Belfast return first class :D

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

What code did you use?

o21072

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I am not DEAF. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

madmoe wrote: »
    Just noticed that transaction fee last night! The f***ers! I always used my laser as there was no charge compared to the €2 for Mastercard, now they go and change it! WTF!??

Well I just booked my ticket, paid the 'transaction fee' and emailed the dept of transport, the minister, Irish Rail and The Consumers Assoc wondering why they were trying to discourage rail travel.

thanks for the code btw

Well done on that e-mail to the dept! Let me know if you hear back from them. If so I will mail them too!!

Code is now o21073. It expires on Monday 30/08/2010.

Regards,

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lots of €10 each way tickets, at least on the Dublin – Galway route, including weekends
    They’ve introduced a €2 laser card transaction fee though.

Combined with the discount code herehttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055982408 that makes it €8.80 each way to Galway
    €9.60 even?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

Victor wrote: »
    €9.60 even?

On the basis you will on day return from the west....
    €10 + €10 = €20
    Fee = €2
    20% discount = -€4.40
    Total = €17.60
    Each way = €8.80

They're right to be worried about the maths leaving cert. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

On the basis you will on day return from the west....
    €10 + €10 = €20
    Fee = €2
    20% discount = -€4.40
    Total = €17.60
    Each way = €8.80
    They're right to be worried about the maths leaving cert. :rolleyes:

You get a discount on the laser card transaction? :confused:

Laser transactions never used to have a charge, now they have a poxy €1 charge!! I would always use my Laser to avoid paying the €2 for the Mastercard charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

It's €2 per laser card transaction.
    Buy a return, it's €2.
    Buy a single, and go back later for a single return, it's €2 each
    It's €3 for credit cards

Yes, the discount applies to the fee also

FFS!! Irish Rail idiots....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wait, theres something coming.

Advertisement