Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy with the results?

• 18-08-2010 6:20pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭

overall are you happy with your results?

I am. :D

Are you happy? 41 votes

Yes. delighted
    0% 0 votes
    Meh.. inbetween.. not too sure now..
    75% 31 votes
    No. gutted
    24% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

No, I was a grade in LCVP away from what I needed and now have to appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I got 70-80 points more than I was expecting :eek::eek::eek:

and I got an A2 in English and I actually though I'd be doing well to scrape a C3 in it - I never once got a B in class or the mocks for english in my life and then that bombshell :cool::cool::cool: damn it felt good :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Nope, not happy with mine. I got what I thought was decent grades (3 Bs, 2 Cs and 1 D) but they were at Ordinary Level so I got **** all points with them. I only got 140. I got the B1 I needed in maths but it's useless without points.

I most likely won't get into the college I want and I get to see someone I know, who is completely useless in computing, do the course I want to do. Made up his mind last minute and hasn't got a clue but oh well, he got the points so **** me!

It's a shame people can't see past the points. I can't wait to be told I should have worked harder. Considering I failed all my mocks and got my grades up, I think I did pretty well. I consistently failed exams since 4th year, English for example I got 37% on my mocks and got 70<75% on the Leaving. I've done pretty damn well to get my grades up like that, but nobody will recognize my efforts because the points. English was a subject I always had trouble with, I can read and write and I have good spelling and punctuation but couldn't write essays long enough and seemingly always got poetry questions wrong, so I **** bricks when I saw I got a B3 in English.

The thing that kills me is that French is what dragged me down, if I could have done a useful subject like Technology I would have got the points I need. So now I most likely won't be going to college because I can't speak French...

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Im delighted with 475 points for not doing any work for the past 2 years, but when I check my marks in each subject im not happy at all.
    d2 in English.... I never did so bad ever.
    b3 in Irish... it was so easy I at least got a b1
    b3 in biology... ive never seen an easier paper, which means its an epic fail for me to be honest.

all higher level, they were always my top subjects, just really really weird.
    the other subjects were way better than I expected which I don't understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

[Rasta] wrote: »
    Im delighted with 475 points for not doing any work for the past 2 years, but when I check my marks in each subject im not happy at all.
    d2 in English.... I never did so bad ever.
    b3 in Irish... it was so easy I at least got a b1
    b3 in biology... ive never seen an easier paper, which means its an epic fail for me to be honest.

all higher level, they were always my top subjects, just really really weird.
    the other subjects were way better than I expected which I don't understand.

sure you didint do any wrong i say 3 hours of studing a night i got 310 with out opening a book never doing homework never in school and i have dyslexia so you try going trow school with that

so if i done all that i would i have got 500 points

• Advertisement
Advertisement