Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8GB repair

Options
  • 18-08-2010 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a nokia N95 (8GB) when I turn the screen on, it goes green and starts to flicker on/off.

I went into a phone shop, chinese guy said it was a connector got damaged and it would be 40e to fix, does this sound ok?

The screen itself has no scratch or damage, its more a fault behind the screen...

JJ
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

€40 wouldn't be ripoff if he used a genuine lcd, but chances are he wont, and then you could do it yourself for half that.

Its the connector on the ribbon i take it? or on the housing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

Im pretty sure its the ribbon, when I click the screen up, I can hear a scrapping sound!

I could have done it myself but was afraid I might cause more damage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its a easy swap tbh, anyone with a bit of care can manage it. Its also old enough that you wont be voiding any warranty etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

Davy wrote: »
    Its a easy swap tbh, anyone with a bit of care can manage it. Its also old enough that you wont be voiding any warranty etc

ah well, he is fixing it now, i will know for future reference,

cheers :)

Advertisement