Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance grant

Options
  • 18-08-2010 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I've Been turned down for the BTEA today, so seen as its closing date is 31st August i got a chance to send in the forms before then. I just wanted to ask I've payed for my enterance fee for my course but i would need support for year i'm doing my PLC course .

What does the maintenace grant offer different to the BTEA?

Where do i send the forms too? the social welfare or somewhere different?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I've Been turned down for the BTEA today, so seen as its closing date is 31st August i got a chance to send in the forms before then. I just wanted to ask I've payed for my enterance fee for my course but i would need support for year i'm doing my PLC course .

What does the maintenace grant offer different to the BTEA?

Where do i send the forms too? the social welfare or somewhere different?

You wouldn't get a weekly payment - it would be roughly every 3 months and it probably works out at much less

see www.studentfinance.ie - you apply to your local county council

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    You wouldn't get a weekly payment - it would be roughly every 3 months and it probably works out at much less

see www.studentfinance.ie - you apply to your local county council

thanks i just download the forms:)

so would that be only 195 euro every three months so?
    or would it be more?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

thanks i just download the forms:)

so would that be only 195 euro every three months so?
    or would it be more?

It depends on what level course, age and whether you get the adjacent or non adjacent.

Check Here

Advertisement