Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish owned mobile phone company called just mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

If you top up by €30 with vodafone you get your free calls and texts and 250mb of free mobile internet too: i can not for the life of me figure out why they don't advertise it. I know you can't text for it yet but if you rang cust care or drop into a shop they should do it. and yes the only reason i know is i work in a voda shop and i have it on my phone... :rolleyes: i know its not ideal but its better than 360 anyway :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Thought I heard something about that. Topped up by 40 the other day but still getting charged 99c per day.

Text FREENET to 50222 next time before you top up by €30 :)

Nice one :-) Does it just go back to the 99c when the 250mb is used up? Cheers.

Nice one :-) Does it just go back to the 99c when the 250mb is used up? Cheers.

As far as I know yes. Not 100% certain though :)

• Advertisement

Sound. Thanks. Wont be topping up for a few weeks anyway hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Launch later this month apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Got an email today looking for my address to send the sim card to, still no mention of prices though.

I'm living in Belgium using a mvno called Mobile Vikings - they offer 2gb of data and 1,000 texts free when you top up by €15 - and all calls are 24c per minute to all networks. This offer would be very interesting in Ireland i'd imagine. (The main networks in Belgium are more expensive than Irish prices too)

Looks like all will be revealed tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Looks like all will be revealed tomorrow.

I'm a fan:) Hope their plans rock and the don't just sell it in spar:p

20101020-r1ktc52uj25t68f628uufafmxj.jpg

I like the 1cent for charity idea. I know is just PR but every little helps I suppose. I just hope they make the site mobile friendly. They say they will anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭poker--addict

vodafones 30 euro top up deal is actually really good..but know body knows about it..it is very weird.
    i was in process of leaving vodafone when i seen it just last week.probably on par with meteors great PAYG deals.

Still i need a bill phone so no use to me now.looking at meteors bill tarriffs as all friends are meteor and for extra 15 add on i get all the internet i want..so will never pay more then 45...and possile enough internet on their 30 euro deal anyway.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

i see JustMobile have the Motorola XT720 (Milestone) 440 odd euro though. Nice looking phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Got the free sim card this morning. Tried it in several phones but kept getting this message on screen- "Sim Failed To Register".Any ideas?

My SIM and 20yoyo credit just arrived. Not tried it yet. I presume ur phones are unlocked @Fergiesfolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

No data yet which is pretty shocking in this day and age

Calls are 20c and txts 9c, is this any cheaper than tesco when you count double top ups?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

No data yet which is pretty shocking in this day and age

Calls are 20c and txts 9c, is this any cheaper than tesco when you count double top ups?

Hmm I was just about to switch from Meteor to Tesco today as they are way cheaper. I heard Just Mobile are going live though so i checked them out. Anyway long story short they have the same prices as Tesco & Post Phone, 20c /min calls to any network any time, and 9c txts to any network.

I would like to give my business to the Irish operators, but they dont have any welcome deals like Tescos' 100% extra free top up credit for life, and they don't have data access. Although Just Mobile say they will have data soon.

So I think i'll switch to Tesco for the time being, but switch to Just Mobile or Postfone or any of the major networks once their prices come down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just got my SIM with €20 free credit.

Know there's no data at the moment, but I don't use data on the phone that much anyway, can live without it for a while. Just waiting to see what kind of plans they bring out now, they've promised something good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Looks to me like they're going after Meteor's <20's PAYG customer base primarily.

Pretty smart - good volume of customers there that spend a lot on PAYG and don't really use data. MVNO margins can be quite good too since there's no infrastructure costs - call centre and buying the packages from Voda would be the main things.

Even if it plateaus in 2 or 3 years, the lads are sure to make a packet!

• Advertisement

They are certainly trying to be different. Free sweeties when you top up :-D Pity data wasnt ready in time :-( Ill wait till they get that going before I activate the SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

anyone else think the condom on the home page is a bit much - I know its only meant as an attempt at humour but very young kids these days have access to the internet and are interested in mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

PCPhoto wrote: »
    anyone else think the condom on the home page is a bit much - I know its only meant as an attempt at humour but very young kids these days have access to the internet and are interested in mobile phones.

Yeah I thought that it was a bit much too .... they could have used an umbrella for example like meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Nice idea. Just looking through the tariffs now.

First thing I spotted - It costs 30c or 60c to receive a text while roaming (Countries listed in Adventurer/Visa/Explorer/Mad Money - basically outside of europe).

That's fairly harsh.

I mentioned the same cost with An Post mobile as well when it launched. I wonder how long before the big four do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Fotish

Got the free sim card this morning. Tried it in several phones but kept getting this message on screen- "Sim Failed To Register".Any ideas?

Has the Sim an 087 number attached,I presume that they are just an MVNE working off the Vodafone network like Postfone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Fotish wrote: »
    Has the Sim an 087 number attached,I presume that they are just an MVNE working off the Vodafone network like Postfone ?

Yes, they are an MVNO working off Voda, their numbers will begin with the prefix 087.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That e5 price is off the wall alright, don't seem to offer much, 20cent calls and 9cent texts and some free Randoms.

What's with the funny top up amounts,
    "€4 with JUST Mobile to get you chatting and texting. We’re also available in top-up amounts of €9, €13, €18"

I know the can make the claim top up is cheaper but that's just daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Yes thesandeman, the phones are unlocked. Anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement

Advertisement