Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish owned mobile phone company called just mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chiefhappy

This post has been deleted.

Judging by the fact you can only top up at Spar I reckon it's to leave you with a euro or two to spend in the shop if you go in with a tenner to buy credit your left with a euro , with twenty your left with two euro for an impulse buy.... etc

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

That e5 price is off the wall alright, don't seem to offer much, 20cent calls and 9cent texts and some free Randoms.

What's with the funny top up amounts,
    "€4 with JUST Mobile to get you chatting and texting. We’re also available in top-up amounts of €9, €13, €18"

I know the can make the claim top up is cheaper but that's just daft.

Agreed not a great offer at all they can keep it can't see to many people rushing to move to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Yes thesandeman, the phones are unlocked. Anyone else have this problem?
    "No service" here too, not a great start for them. Tried searching for the network manually, only the usual ones came up and it wouldn't let me onto vodafone.

Overall I like the approach they are going with but without data they will be hard pushed to get customers switching in their masses. No doubt it'll come in time though.

Looks to me like they're going after Meteor's <20's PAYG customer base primarily.

Pretty smart - good volume of customers there that spend a lot on PAYG and don't really use data. MVNO margins can be quite good too since there's no infrastructure costs - call centre and buying the packages from Voda would be the main things.

Even if it plateaus in 2 or 3 years, the lads are sure to make a packet!

I disagree they don't spend alot they top up with 20e a month for free calls and text or free texts something Just Mobile don't seem to offer also with all the mobile social networking etc you'll find alot more use data now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

squared wrote: »
    "No service" here too, not a great start for them. Tried searching for the network manually, only the usual ones came up and it wouldn't let me onto vodafone.

Did you take the condom off the sim first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Guys,
    Am I missing something here...how does this new network offer any sort of extra vlaue. I am with Meteor and use data on my phone often. for topping up with 20euro I get free meteor texts of which I use a huge amount, and free data (250mb) for the month.

Yet JUST mobile seem to be knocking this offer from other networks saying "how could they be free if you have to top up?"

WTF are they on about. I get free texts for a month and free data and still have the 20 euro to spend on whatever else. On their plan I top up by 20 euro (or 18euro) and I would have it gone very fast as I would not have free texts or free calls etc. This is just bizarrre to me why anyone would move to them...

Am i missing something? /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are they Mad? Yes they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yes thesandeman, the phones are unlocked. Anyone else have this problem?
    Yep. Same message here. Got a sim card with €20 credit on. Getting no signal:(

nellocono wrote: »
    Guys,
    Am I missing something here...how does this new network offer any sort of extra vlaue. I am with Meteor and use data on my phone often. for topping up with 20euro I get free meteor texts of which I use a huge amount, and free data (250mb) for the month.

Yet JUST mobile seem to be knocking this offer from other networks saying "how could they be free if you have to top up?"

WTF are they on about. I get free texts for a month and free data and still have the 20 euro to spend on whatever else. On their plan I top up by 20 euro (or 18euro) and I would have it gone very fast as I would not have free texts or free calls etc. This is just bizarrre to me why anyone would move to them...

Am i missing something? /rant

I think you hit the nail on the head there mate, if it was April 1st id say this was some kind of joke.

I must remove myself from there facebook page everyone else who thinks this is a crap deal should do the same.

HTF do we get the card activated?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Kudos to them for launching during the recession. And especially for their offer to donate a portion of call-spend to Charity.

But their tariffs are a huge disappointment. They have got to be disappointed themselves with what they can offer consumers. I doubt it was this when they went to the drawing board with their vision to shake up the market?

In fact, with tariffs like these I can't see them gaining any foothold in the market. Perhaps this is why Vodafone entered into a commercial agreement with them in the first place? -- to demonstrate over time that new entrants cannot compete effectively with the established mobile operators and therefore to dissuade future prospective British/other MVNOs from entering the Irish market.

As for the variable call credit amounts gimmick: why bother topping up with €4, €9 etc when it will run out faster than the like-for-like €5 and €10 call credit top-ups with their competitors who offer the same call prices and the same text prices? Seems like Spar is the only beneficiary of that - increased footfall in their stores from price-conscious consumers who have run out of credit sooner than they used to on their previous network, and are back into their stores to top-up more frequently.

I won't be rushing to recommend JustMobile to anyone on the basis of today's announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They have a phone number on their Facebook page now for people who cant activate the SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Well got my sim today put it into my phone got 3G signal straight away BUT There is no 20euro on the sim like there was supposed to be ?everytime i try and call someone it says unknown number:confused::confused: and when registering on there site i tryed ti log in but it keeps giving a 404 error
    what the HELL IS GOING ON ???
    Are they actually fully launched yet or whats the story im kinda confused of whats happening to be honest !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

there phones are highly priced too another rip off company:mad:

They have a phone number on their Facebook page now for people who cant activate the SIM.
    Can you list it please? So everyone will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

• they sent me an inactive sim.
    • they don't seem to grasp how the 20 euro unlimited texts/internet deals work with other networks.
    • they charge you to receive texts when roaming in certain countries
    • they charge 20c / min to speak to their customer care
    • they have no data options
    • 20c calls and 9c text is hardly revolutionary
    • i'm at a loss as to why i would consider them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Data service is launching at the end of next month, hold judgement till then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Why hold judgement on data? We have been told they won't do 3G. Total farce in this day and age.

Total and complete rubbish pricing.

If you are a heavy pre pay caller? Why choose Just Mobile when you can go to Tesco and get much better value with 2 for 1 top ups or go with 3 for free weekends.

If you are a heavy texter? Why would you switch? There are no unlimited any network text offers that all the other major operator's offer.

If you like data? Why would you switch? Who wants sub standard 2G data? Why not get 500mb 3G for 5 EUR on 3.

If you call abroad a lot? Why switch when Tesco have much better value.

Silly marketing, silly pricing, focused on the past and aimed at those that don't know how to shop around for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Maybe change your mind but don't hold judgement, pretty clear that these clowns aren't going to change a thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i think the company
    OSMOSIS actually owns this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The marketing ploy of Are We Mad? seemed to be intended to make people think their prices were going to be crazily low when they launched. They are not.

Another wierd thing now: On Vodafones Facebook page Voda have a competition for an iphone to celebrate the launch of JUST??? The link wont work for me at the moment so I dont know are Vodafone taking the pee or is there some sort of a tie-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Dreadful launch, they have offered no reason for anyone, no matter what their typical level of phone usage, to switch to their network. Better offers available from the existing networks.

Not to mention the free SIMs not working, and no data access.

Not good enough.

Another wierd thing now: On Vodafones Facebook page Voda have a competition for an iphone to celebrate the launch of JUST??? The link wont work for me at the moment so I dont know are Vodafone taking the pee or is there some sort of a tie-in.
    CORRECTION: Its actually a Vodafone Tweet. Sorry if anyone is searching FB :$

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

ok well if they promised that i would get 20euro on the sim when i got it i should have when i got it there wasnt even a cent on it!!after been promised by them on the website when ordering the sim also the welcome letter i got also said id have 20euro ..also registered online and cant get to account page at all it just gives 404 error doesnt seem to be a very good launch to me will be interesting to see what data plans they are bringing out as when i put the sim into my phone i had 3G signal straight away which i was suprised at !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭wetling

Overkill on the marketing alright, the 'the crazy lads' vibe off it makes it seem a bit of a joke. Mobile phones are SERIOUS BUSINESS, they are though

So it appears my sim isn't activated, anyone rang up to get theirs activated yet? Is it 1890 587 848 you ring?

I havent even tried the sim whats the point im not going to move to them with there rip off prices it will end up in the bin

• Advertisement

I havent even tried the sim whats the point im not going to move to them with there rip off prices it will end up in the bin
    Always handy to have a spare sim with €20 credit on it though.:)

Advertisement