Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish owned mobile phone company called just mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Spooky1666 wrote: »
    Hi
    Two guys Stuart and Donal are launching a new Irish owned mobile phone company called "Just mobile".
    http://www.justmobile.ie/
    I've searched their website and a few other threads on boards but I can't seem to find which network they are hoping on. (They are an MVNO)

They are operating a virtual network via Vodafone ( Best of luck to them, brave move)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

squared wrote: »
    Always handy to have a spare sim with €20 credit on it though.:)
    It doesnt have credit on it though, I ****ed it in the bin already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

This is not a serious operation. I can't see how they are better than Tesco, other than using the Vodafone network. They might appeal to a few teenagers, but they do not have a clear value proposition as a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

So it appears my sim isn't activated, anyone rang up to get theirs activated yet? Is it 1890 587 848 you ring?
    Yep. I rang it yesterday evening. Got talking to a very pleasant lad. He took my details and the explained it could take 2 days before they can do anything !!! I suspect thats a result of all the complaints already to them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Why would they appeal to teenagers? All teenegers/kids expect free calls and texts or any network texts these days. Why would they go with a network that doesn't offer this?

Good point. Aged relatives of teenagers, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Nice customer service guys :) wish I didn't have to ring them though, still waiting on the 20 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

Anyone hear the radio adds they have on local radio, heard one yesterday on live 95 in Limerick , making fun of the dead and funerals , I was disgusted by it . rang just mobile to complain , might as well talk to a tree , they promised to ring me back - didnt bother,
    Nice crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Anyone hear the radio adds they have on local radio, heard one yesterday on live 95 in Limerick , making fun of the dead and funerals , I was disgusted by it . rang just mobile to complain , might as well talk to a tree , they promised to ring me back - didnt bother,
    Nice crowd

You can listen to all their ads on their website.:eek:

I took the sim out of the phone and re-inserted it. Hey presto ! A signal:). I rang 1747 to check if there was credit on the card. Go some mumbo jumbo about a minus credit of €0 & 0c and that I had 269 days to use it:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i think this will be called just stop in a short time
    the handsets are overpriced which is a bad start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Random wrote: »
    • they charge you to receive texts when roaming in certain countries

Charging 30 cent to RECEIVE a text in certain countries such as the USA and Switzerland -

You can imagine it - your mate is with Just Mobile and goes over to New York on holidays - you log onto Cabbage and send 250 webtexts to the poor f...er :D at 30 cent for each one he receives. Bingo €75 charged to his account ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

That's another thing, zero web texts with Just Mobile.

I would be surprised if this company lasts a year.

yeah even less and a massive loss it costs massive money to set up a mobile company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Anyone know what this exclusive google smartphone they are getting is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Anyone know what this exclusive google smartphone they are getting is?
    Well they have one of the Motorola Droids (or Milestone as it is called here), so I reckon it will be another one of the Droid/Milestone series. No other Carrier has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Could be the Nexus 2 thats supposed to be announced in the next few day's and due for pre christmas release, even still I wouldnt be tempted to switch networks at all with their prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

rates VERY Expensive. can't see how they can compete

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I notice they they suggest that they are the only 100% Irish owned mobile phone group, but postfone are owned by An Post.

The prices between Postfone, Tesco Mobile and Just Mobile are not very different.

Calls = 20C PM
    Texts = 9C

Also not sure if the high end mobiles will work out for them they seem very expensive, are they planning to launch a Bill Pay service?

The top-ups is an interesting but I think they could have gone with €1 + top ups. But the charity idea is a nice addition.

This is one of those things that most mobile phone companies do, Meteor Free Text for life anyone (as long as you top up by 20 euro a month). Same for Tesco
    you have to top up by 10, 20 or 30 each month to avail of their special offers, I assume the run out at the end of the month. (bar the double top up but free text etc but then they will get you with your "free" 10 euro as you quick run out of it at the end of the month).

• Advertisement

the truth about text message is it costs the network nothing

Your phone actually sends out heartbeats to the tower it's connected to every few seconds, and SMS text messages piggy back on the heartbeat packet, which is why they are limited to 150odd characters. The impact on networks caused by SMS is not just negligible, it's SO negligible that it's almost no overhead whatsoever on the carrier.:D:D:D:D:D:D

DID YOU KNOW THAT:):):):):):)

so any network to charge for text should be shot at this stage:eek:

Yeah but it isn't really free. Think about it, you top up by 20 euro each month and even if you don't use the 20 euro, your caught in the idea that to continue receiving free texts, so you top up the next month (regardless of your balance) by 20 euro, even if you use your 20 euro you are just insuring that the mobile phone company gets 20euro from you each month (thats 240 per year).

Do postfone and Just mobile not have such offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

I have never understood why has texting other countries always been so expensive ? You would think since every irish person knows people overseas that one of the new networks would come up with a good offer.

i think people should know the truth about text messaging:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just Mobile has potential, but badly executed. The range of phones aren't bad at all, and do appeal to Teens in this age of Smartphones. But all Teens these days top up by €20 a month and get free calls/texts, from the big 4 providers (Vodafone, O2, Three & Meteor).

What Just Mobile should of done was do the same, but differentiate themselves. With Vodafone, they have the best coverage in Ireland, so they could of took advantage with this and add something like data along with free texts with the €20 a month.

they have done it all wrong have you seen the prices of there handsets?
    way over the PAYG prices AND sim free prices WHAT ARE THEY THINKING.
    NOBODY is going to buy a phone out on there breakfast or lunch break in a spar shop or anything like it, people can hardly afford lunch now and its going to get worse and tend to bring packed lunches with them......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Denzil2222 wrote: »
    I have never understood why has texting other countries always been so expensive ? You would think since every irish person knows people overseas that one of the new networks would come up with a good offer.

Best way to do this is to use skype for texting. Or O2 and Vodafone have international texting for webtexts (you could use cabbage/textdroid to send them from your phone)

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    they have done it all wrong have you seen the prices of there handsets?
    way over the PAYG prices AND sim free prices WHAT ARE THEY THINKING.
    NOBODY is going to buy a phone out on there breakfast or lunch break in a spar shop or anything like it, people can hardly afford lunch now and its going to get worse and tend to bring packed lunches with them......

You could say the same about Tesco Mobile (and PostFone). I wonder if the more expensive phones are available in Spar etc.?

http://shop.justmobile.ie/index.cfm?go=consumerAcquisitions.nonContractHandsets&priceRange=1

The marketing isn't great no free credit on the phones???? And the cheaper range seem expensive.

Postfone don't seem to do free credit on new phones either http://www.postfone.ie/webshop.aspx

Tesco's online shop is down????

I think Just Mobile might have got the Disposable phone market wrong. Unless they are going into Bill services they need to drop the more expensive phones.

Advertisement