Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laundry :D

Options
  • 18-08-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Hey! is there any place in town where you can throw in a sack of clothes to be washed and dried, for a reasonable amount?
    Not a fan of the washing myself:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes.
    They are called launderettes. Where in town are you? Define reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes.

Laundrettes you say....well would a black bag of clothes, sheets etc. for less than a tenner be stretching too far?
    Usually do my own but im sick of it and hanging out clothes in pissin rain:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunno. I use a washing machine, they've made it small enough to fit into the average house now.

Hopeully someone will respond with prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I know a couple of laundrettes in Renmore that a housemate used to use, I doubt if you'll get wash and dry of a binbag full for less than a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

The laundrette in Terryland is pretty reasonable, had duvets washed there before (it's been a while so can't remember how much they were).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I usually get charged eight euro per dress so I doubt it'll be a tenner a bag...I hope I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

Bubbles launderette beside the crane. sometimes drop my clothes there if a very busy few weeks. Usually a tenner or 15 max for pretty big mixed bag of laundry

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

the launderette in terryland just across from terryland fruit and veg will do black bin bag size for a tenner washed dried and folded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I usually get charged eight euro per dress so I doubt it'll be a tenner a bag...I hope I'm wrong!

dry cleaning is different from your usual wash + dry

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The one between GoBus and City link is pretty good. Ive thrown in a big load of washing in there before, I think I was only about €7. Washed, dried, folded. Very convenient [size=-2]because i live above them[/size]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes.

Not to be picky, but when talking about private businesses, usually, a laundry is a place where you can leave your washing, and they do it for you.

A launderette is a place where you can go and use their machine, but you do the loading, changing machines and folding yourself.

I know that the definitions seem to blur a bit here, but it's a useful distinction to make.

There's one that's both laundry and laundrette on Prospect Hill roughly opposite the county council building. Was quite expensive, but I think she's put her prices down with the recession.

@whoever made the sarky comment about washing machines being small enough to go in houses now - yes it's true, but sometimes the ones in houses break down, sometimes houses have a washing machine but no dryer, sometimes you just gotta do duvets, etc.

Advertisement