Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless guy sleeping at Portmarnock Station

Options
  • 18-08-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

He's been there for more than a week now. Under/behind the stairs of the footbridge on the northbound platform.

Should I say something to someone? If so, who? And why?

Or should I just butt out, as it's none of my business, and so far he's caused no problems...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

personally i think if the guys causing no problems and he's "happy" there then why shift him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

That's my instinct, too, but people who are homeless usually have an addiction problem, and those in turn usually lead to at least petty crime...

Ah, sure, I'm just being precious. I'm sure he's grand. He even cleans up after himself before he goes walkabout during the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Random wrote: »
    personally i think if the guys causing no problems and he's "happy" there then why shift him?

OP might have meant someone to help him. (Just guessing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

That's my instinct, too, but people who are homeless usually have an addiction problem, and those in turn usually lead to at least petty crime...

Ah, sure, I'm just being precious. I'm sure he's grand. He even cleans up after himself before he goes walkabout during the day...

You sure he isn't an ex bank chairman?

Seriously not always addiction, mental health issues also play there part and by that I don't mean he is dangerous just might not be able to handle the pressure a daily normal life as we know it. Surprised Irish Rail new sercurity forces haven't moved him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Corsendonk wrote: »
    You sure he isn't an ex bank chairman?

Seriously not always addiction, mental health issues also play there part and by that I don't mean he is dangerous just might not be able to handle the pressure a daily normal life as we know it. Surprised Irish Rail new sercurity forces haven't moved him on.

Never see the robocops out that far.

You are of course right re his issues, but cider for breakfast is never a good sign...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

There used to be a barn in one of the fields beside the train station but it it was knocked a year or 2 ago and there was a homeless guy living in it so might be him still around the area

Advertisement