Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recomendations for a sick man

• 18-08-2010 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭

Been in hospital for the last few weeks and basically have 2 months of recovery in bed to do. So recommend me some xbox 360 bundles or whatever and some games to pick up. Price would be nice to know too. Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

sorry to hear your not well. for starters get you hands on the latest call of duty!! that should last a week or possibly 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

assassins creed 2 battlefield bad company 2 (if you have live)

GTA will keep you going for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

oblivion, fallout 3. those two alone should take up a few months provided you don't get bored of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

+1 on fallout 3, get the game of the year version if you can with all the expansions. I must have put 120 hours into that one.

Red Dead Redemption is a good one also.

The Orange box is excellent value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

+1 for Red Dead Redemption. Love that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Dead Space is a must have. My i ask what you were in hospital for? just being nosey, tell me where ta **** off if ya want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Left for Dead One or Two - I love those games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Apart from those already mentioned...

Mass Effect 1 & 2
    Gears Of War 1 & 2
    Ninja Gaiden II

Also get plenty of MS Points as there are some absolutely cracking games on XBLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Depending on what your into I would suggest the following
    Single player not online
    Fable roughly 20 euro and it will keep you busy for a while
    Batman arkham can be picked up for 15 euro at the moment and is good.

Single player online
    Trails,explosion man,limbo all these are from xbox live. From 800-1200 points which would be around 10-15 euro.

Multiplayer online
    Have to say the big ones are Battlefield Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 1 or 2, Fifa,Forza.

You could probably pick up a second hand xbox for at most 100 or pick up the new slim for around 275, most of the slim would have options of bundles but I am not up to speed on them at the moment.

If you could tell what type of games interest you we could probably give a better suggestion.
    Prices on the xbox and slim are estimates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Been in hospital for the last few weeks and basically have 2 months of recovery in bed to do. So recommend me some xbox 360 bundles or whatever and some games to pick up. Price would be nice to know too. Thanks very much.

Glald to hear you're on the mend anyway! I'm guessin by bundles you need to pick up the console too? If so:

€250 with second controller and Lego Batman and Pure
    €280 with above plus two more games chosen from: Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Planet 51, Forza 3, Narnia, Lego Indiana Jones, Project Gotham Racing 4, Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Gears, Kung Fu Panda or LOTR Conquest

€285 with first offer plus one more game chosen from: Tiger Woods 11, Super Street Fighter 4, Need For Speed Shift, Dragon Age, Iron Man 2, Mass Effect 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Left 4 Dead 2 or Fifa World Cup 2010

€290 you get the Sky Pack with 3 month sub, remote control and Sky sub and choose a game from the €285 list.

Is what Smyths have on offer (not advertising or plugging, I work there, I don't run the place! :D)

Also this thread here has general info on what offers the different stores are doing on the new Slim console. You'll pick up some of the older consoles cheap though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

you gotta get Red Dead Redemption, there are really good missions and alot of gameplay, acheivements are pretty good too

picked my copy up for about 50 euro in gamestop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Mass Effect and Borderlands

loads of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

2 months off?

Oblivion so.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

quarryman wrote: »
    2 months off?

Oblivion so.

Indeed. I've put a crazy amount of time into this and still not anywhere near finished.

Same with Fallout 3 - 100+ hours and loved every single minute of it. The best game I EVER played by some distance. C

Assassin's Creed II and Red Dead Redemption pretty bloody good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Of course Fallout and Oblivion are top notch games but OP am i right in saying that your not exactly a gamer? In which case the above mentioned games may not be for the casual.

I picked up Just cause 2 for 25 quid last week and if it is pure entertainment your after, you'll be hard pressed to find a better title. Sure it has it's issues i.e can be a little repetitive but Damn it sure is fun blowing sh!t up, flying attack helicopters, jet fighters, skydiving, blowing sh!t up ( did i mention that already) fun fun fun picking up a gatlin gun and yes you guessed it BLOWIN SH!T UP!!!!!
    Have fun and get better soon.

Ian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

weiland79 wrote: »
    Of course Fallout and Oblivion are top notch games but OP am i right in saying that your not exactly a gamer? In which case the above mentioned games may not be for the casual.

I picked up Just cause 2 for 25 quid last week and if it is pure entertainment your after, you'll be hard pressed to find a better title. Sure it has it's issues i.e can be a little repetitive but Damn it sure is fun blowing sh!t up, flying attack helicopters, jet fighters, skydiving, blowing sh!t up ( did i mention that already) fun fun fun picking up a gatlin gun and yes you guessed it BLOWIN SH!T UP!!!!!
    Have fun and get better soon.

Ian.
    Actually a fairly big gamer but never got round to getting an xbox, will play most games except football really. Unfortunately mightn't be out for a few more days though so keep the reccomendations come.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd go for Civ Rev, it's not all that taxing til you get up to the higher levels but it's tons of fun, plus dirt cheap at the mo. Fable is great too, Sorry to hear you've been sick, but hey, yay for gaming time! ;)

Advertisement