Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adamstown: is it a good place to live in?

Options
  • 18-08-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Im just wondering if anyone is living there or know anyone who lives there. Is it really a dead town with the majoraty of the buildings unfinished and unoccupied?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

apphunting wrote: »
    Im just wondering if anyone is living there or know anyone who lives there. Is it really a dead town with the majoraty of the buildings unfinished and unoccupied?

I was renting there when I was waiting for my own place to be finished.
    At the time there was nothing but houses there, but there is a lot more amenities there now - train station, shops, express buses, creche, schools - but it is by no means finished as per the sales pitch.

There is a sense of community there too - at least with some of the residents, can't vouch for all of them!!

One thing I absolutely hated about the houses was the fact I could hear everything the neighbours were up to (and I mean everything!!)

http://www.neighbours.ie has a forum just for Adamstown - I'm sure if you popped over there the current residents will be able to answer all your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 apphunting

Thanks for the reply.
    Ill check out the website.
    I bet the appartments are pretty bad when it comes to noise. Must be really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

I can only speak for the paddocks in Adamstown which I know of two people living there. The paddocks is built by a different developer than the main adamstown area and is actually a distance away from it. Most of the paddocks is occupied with the builder only building new units as he sells them. So far neither of them have any complaints with the place at all and are happy there.

Advertisement