Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new pc query

Options
  • 18-08-2010 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

ok , here is spec i went with (pre built rig ) .

i went with OCUK,any comments welcome!!:D

"Titan Exodus" Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz Quad Core
    DDR3 System

OPT: 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)

HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache

RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual

CPU COOLER: Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler (Socket

CPU: Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHz (Lynnfield) (Socket LGA1156) o/clocked @4GHZ

MOBO: Asus P7P55D-E Intel P55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 Motherboard

CASE: Coolermaster HAF 922 Case with Window - Black

PSU: Corsair TX 750W ATX SLI Compliant Power Supply

GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics
    Card ***Supplied with Stalker & Stormrise Games***

Logitech G35 7.1 Surround Sound Headset

should have this baby on Monday 23.08.10 cool.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You come to Building & Upgrading just so you can tell us all you've already purchased a pre-built rig?? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

yes my mistake , feel free to delete

id be the noob lol
    cheers
    ps any comments Solitaire on spec??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

yes my mistake , feel free to delete

id be the noob lol
    cheers
    ps any comments Solitaire on spec??

G35 headset, thats USB isnt it ?

And why no Samsung F3 HDD , they seem to be the standard for all builds nowadays (and rightly so)

Let us know how you get on with that 5850. I dont trust XFX since they cheaped out on the 4890's and 5770's :mad:

AFAIK the 7200.12s aren't bad either, single-platter designs :)

Solitaire wrote: »

Not at all, very capable drive. It just seems that every build (:o) on boards seems to have the F3 so its odd to see the 7200.12's

• Advertisement

OCUK are always trying to offload surplus stock on their pre-built rigs :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Good to know, I have one because Komplett didn't have the F3's in stock when I was ordering and I couldn't be ar$ed ordering from somewhere else.

yes thats correct Deano12345 regarding G35 headset,seen some reviews ,they seem useful enough ,time will tell.
    you have a set?

will let you know on gpu, what you mean by cheaped out ? regarding hdd thats what came with build ,so went with it.i only changed gpu,psu & case

cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

whats that system costing u in full with delivery and irish vat

€1333 all in massy086.
    a bit more than i hoped to spend ,but im happy , its mainly for gaming
    checked tons of other companies for pre built rigs ,OCUK easily cheapest.
    i hope its all worth it lol

• Advertisement

€1333 all in massy086.

Owwwww!! cringe.gifcringe.gif
    OCUK easily cheapest.

I don't quite know where to begin... :o

For a start, an i5-760 rig with a GTX460 and superior cooler plus Win7 and shipping costs ~€850 from HWVS. If you added the pre-build option, upgraded to a HD5850 and maybe went with a snazzier case it shouldn't go far past €1000 :o Maybe nearer €1100 if you really went overboard on the case :o:o

Ouch, ouch, ouch! :o:o:o

yes thats correct Deano12345 regarding G35 headset,seen some reviews ,they seem useful enough ,time will tell.
    you have a set?

will let you know on gpu, what you mean by cheaped out ? regarding hdd thats what came with build ,so went with it.i only changed gpu,psu & case

cheers guys

I dont have one, IMO the USB headsets are overpriced and under preform. My brother bought a pair of Turtle Beaches and my HD515's + desk mic (similar price) are better for games and simply destroy the Turtle beaches in music. That being said, I like logitech so let me know how you get on :D

And the XFX fiasco with the 4890's was certain versions had very cheap PCB's and nearly ALWAYS had problems. And with the 5770's they kept the reference cooler but took away voltage control and a crossfire connector

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

seriously op cancel that order its WAY WAY OVERPRICED

hey guys,

cheers for feed back and that info,

that german company hardwareversand , what way to they take payment ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

CullyA wrote: »
    hey guys,

cheers for feed back and that info,

that german company hardwareversand , what way to they take payment ?

thanks

IIRC, Bank Transfer.

cheers VenomIreland,

please see link ,http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67581516#post67581516

recieved this yesterday , shocking :eek::eek:

btw: Dcully is my bro

heys guys ,

so do yis recommend hardwareversand.de for pre buit rigs ? prices are great etc.. what about faulty/doa returns, much time frame or hassle returning ?

not happy with OCUK at all after the state of rig and then its not working FFS.:(:(:mad:

i am seeking full refund re RMA webnote thingy ,anyone any previous experience doing this .

thanks lads

hi all,

thanks for help so far,i have sent RMA via webnote to ocuk ,hopefully ill hear something on monday regarding this?
    can you knowledgeable hardware folk have a look @spec for compatibility or concerns for this build below.
    is the mobo & ram overkill and would you recommend ssd drive also ?? pc mainly for gaming / browsing etc..
    is cpu cooler enough if i decide to OC this rig?
    is this company reliable to deal with ?

thanks ;)

HV203FB5DE Cooler Master Storm Scout, ohne Netzteil StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    82,57 €
    HV1310F3DE Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ) StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    56,58 €
    HVZPCDE Rechner - Zusammenbau StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    20,00 €
    HV0247775301DE Special item: Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express StdStock6.gifSingle piece
    339,80 €
    HV0214931801DE Special item: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5, Intel P55, ATX, DDR3, PCI-Express StdStock6.gifSingle piece
    161,00 €
    HV20I576DE Intel Core i5-760 Box 8192Kb, LGA1156 StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    178,93 €
    HV30CM14DE Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, alle Sockel StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    22,51 €
    HV20CO07DE 8GB-Kit Corsair DDR3 PC1600 C8 Dominator StdStock0.gifNo information. A delivery time of more than 1 week is possible.
    254,04 €
    HV206SDCDE Samsung SH-D163C SATA schwarz StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    15,58 €
    HV0242245701DE Special item: Corsair 750HX, 750 Watt StdStock6.gifSingle piece
    124,59 €

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Maybe get the UD4 P55A - not as many features as the UD5 but it does come with the SATA 6Gbps (and USB 3) which could be beneficial when getting an SSD. http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=33648

How much money would you like to allocate towards the SSD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Chuck Finlay

PSU way too overpowered. Cooler is -ok-, but when OC and in doubt - Scythe Mugen 2.
    That mainboard is a huge money dump. Which specific features do you need on it? SATA6Gb/USB3?

• Advertisement

i5-760 isn't too bad for heat (none of the LGA1156 quads are surprisingly) and unless we're talking extreme overclocking a Hyper 212 Plus is plenty :)

If anything I'd say the RAM is wildly overspecced, though the PSU isn't much better :o Even if you needed 8GB there are many decent 1333/1600MHz kits that would set you back ~€170 for 4 sticks. >€250 is just not on.

And IMHO the Storm Scout has always been a badly-placed case. Just look at the competiton around its price bracket! On the low side you have the NZXT Tempest Evo and Thermaltake V9 Black (add one 140mm fan to the latter and you're flying! :D) and on the high side? Fractal DEFINE, HAF922, LanCool K62...

Monotype wrote: »
    Maybe get the UD4 P55A - not as many features as the UD5 but it does come with the SATA 6Gbps (and USB 3) which could be beneficial when getting an SSD. http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=33648

How much money would you like to allocate towards the SSD?
    not to sure atm, just wondering the benefits of ssd + hdd 1tb for gaming ? if any , UD4 it is

i5-760 isn't too bad for heat (none of the LGA1156 quads are surprisingly) and unless we're talking extreme overclocking a Hyper 212 Plus is plenty :)

If anything I'd say the RAM is wildly overspecced, though the PSU isn't much better :o Even if you needed 8GB there are many decent 1333/1600MHz kits that would set you back ~€170 for 4 sticks. >€250 is just not on.

And IMHO the Storm Scout has always been a badly-placed case. Just look at the competiton around its price bracket! On the low side you have the NZXT Tempest Evo and Thermaltake V9 Black (add one 140mm fan to the latter and you're flying! :D) and on the high side? Fractal DEFINE, HAF922, LanCool K62...

psu 750tx maybe ,what ye think ? any other psu ye recommend ?
    ram 6GB-Triple-Kit Corsair TR3X6G1600C8 DDR3, CL8 €153? whats better 6@1600 or 8@1331 ?
    haf922/haf932 any benefits ?

cheers Soilitare
    cheers Chuck Finlay too

Not many high-end 550-650W PSUs on HWVS right now that are in stock and don't cost an arm and a leg :o The Cougar CM700 isn't as awesome as the HX but its better than the TX (and still modular!) and costs nearly €30 less than the HX :D

I'm not sure a 6GB kit would be worth it, the last module won't be running in dual-channel and a little more gets you a full 8GB. Are you sure you need more than 4GB? :p A couple of these basic sets will knock you back less than €150 for 8GB and for something a bit pacier you have a pick of either two sets of this for 8GB of 1333MHz CL7 or two sets of this for 8GB of 1600MHz CL8 for around the €175 mark :)

HAF922 is a bit smaller and a lot cheaper. It only comes with two 200mm fans as standard - one front intake and one top exhaust. The Thermaltake V9 Black has one 230mm intake, but its on the side instead of the front, where there's a fan missing (a surprisingly small 140mmm mount). It also has a 230mm top exhaust and both have bog-standard 120mm rear fans (exhaust by default).

The Tempest Evo has two 120mm front intakes and a hidden third 120mm intake somewhere, and two 140mm top exhausts plus the usual 120mm rear fan. Interestingly, HWVS alleges all are included as standard, making the €81 case a fairly good deal. The LanCool K62 is similar, but with a single 140mm front fan. Its actually gone up in price since this afternoon :o The Fractal also has a similar fan layout to the Evo but the fancy noise-reduction case comes with the minor fans included instead and not with either 140mm top exhaust, presumably so you can buy fancier low-noise models yourself ;)

Don't get a triple kit for a 1156 board. They only support dual channel.

The 750TX wouldn't be quite as good as the hx (and not modular). It's still good but there's others better around that price. For €2 more you could get the XFX 750W or if you don't like the colour, the truepower is very similar.

You don't need 750W with your current build, but you might if you go crossfire in the future, so it's up to you.

SSDs are fast and have very low access times. They're also still very expensive for the amount of space you're getting. If it's just for gaming, I'd recommend maybe to get 2 or 3 cheaper drives and RAID-0 them and another drive for backup. You get plenty of space for the games and good speeds.

Just bear in mind that a heap of 3.5" HDDs running simultaneously can add a fair bit of noise and power consumption to a build :o

SSD's haven't yet reached capacities that would let them take over from standard magnetic drives for less than a king's ransom. Although they can shorten game load times you're better off using a smaller SSD just to stick the OS on, as it makes a fast, high-spec PC a fair whack more responsive and removes a little bottlenecking from games where the executable has to go off and hunt down obscure bits of the OS and/or drivers/updates and slog through the HDD trying to find them so it can stick them in RAM.

Most common such arrangement is to have the OS and a few mission-critical files on the SSD, then split the main HDD into two or more partitions and put game data on the more accessible first partition on the "coreward" side of the HDD and put your MyDocs on the "spinward" partitons which are slower to access and hunt through.

put game data on the more accessible first partition on the "coreward" side of the HDD and put your MyDocs on the "spinward" partitons which are slower to access and hunt through.

Isn't that the wrong way around? I.e., coreward=slow=end; spinward=fast=start.

Probably :o

yous 2 have lost me there lol

BTW:RMA picked up today ,so could be waiting while for refund?

update on possible spec below ,do i need a card reader ??, feel free to voice your opinion guys :D

V30CM14DE Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, alle Sockel StdStock6.gifready for dispatch from 2010-09-04
    22,51 €
    HV20G309DE 4GB-KIT G-Skill DDR3 PC2000, CL 9 StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    144,24 €
    HV0224862601DE Special item: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4, Intel P55, ATX, DDR3, PCI-Express StdStock6.gifSingle piece
    141,62 €
    HVZPCDE Rechner - Zusammenbau StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    20,00 €
    HV207GT2DE LG GT20N Slim DVD-Brenner Slim schwarz StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    32,06 €
    HV1026SMDE Sapphire VAPOR-X HD5870 1G GDDR5 PCI-E DUAL DVI-I / HDMI / DP StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    389,49 €
    HV1310F3DE Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ) StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    57,63 €
    HVSE7HH6DE OEM Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit inkl. Vorinstallation StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    74,90 €
    HV203FAYDE Cooler Master HAF 932 schwarz, ohne Netzteil StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    119,23 €
    HV20I576DE Intel Core i5-760 Box 8192Kb, LGA1156 StdStock3.gifready for dispatch
    180,66 €
    HV0242245701DE Special item: Corsair 750HX, 750 Watt StdStock6.gifSingle piece
    125,74 €

€1308 atm ,much better spec than i got from OCUK for similar price

• Advertisement

If you record and edit video and/or large raw images from SD/MMS or use them for storage and constantly move big files back and forth then get a decent card reader. 99% of people can get away with whatever Euro2 coughs up for €2 :pac:

Advertisement