Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drycleaner issue

Options
  • 18-08-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I dropped 5 shirts in to a drycleaner, and got four back:( apparently they are looking for it..

My question is are they obliged to refund me the cost of the shirt? the person working there mentioned something about a voucher-call back and ask the manager etc.

TBH I would'nt trust them to wash a sock after this.

Can any one fill me in on this-any similar experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yes they took something from you to clean and you paid them for this so they had a duty of care which they were negligent in but it may take a trip to the small claims court to get the price of the shirt from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

glynf wrote: »
    TBH I would'nt trust them to wash a sock after this.

So they made a mistake - and you have never made a mistake yourself in your life?

If you have type of attitude, expect the same attitude from the dry cleaners.

If you want decent customer service, show decency and manners yourself.

Wow, they lost a shirt, they are looking for it, they are checking what happened and if it can't be resolved they will offer some form of recompense. - WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

OP, had a similar issue with a pair of trousers, they gave mine to someone else and tried to pass her crappy pair onto me, they'd made a mess of the ticket so there was an incorrect phone number attached. Because the trousers were not new and I didn't have a receipt, they would only give me a certain amount. I believe it was in the region of 25euro, the trousers had cost 60ish but were over a year old (not that it makes a huge difference because I look after my clothes). Frustrating. Apparently this is all they are obliged to do.

Obviously the recompense in this case was very unsatisfactory from a customer perspective, as I could not replace the trousers, they were no longer available and my crappy recompense didn't cover it anyway.

The dry cleaners in question has since exploded. Yes, literally.

I can't even come up with a comment on the previous post on this topic. Speechless, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

lainey316 wrote: »

I can't even come up with a comment on the previous post on this topic. Speechless, really.

why not?

The Cleaners have lost a shirt, they are trying to locate it. if they don't locate it the shop will provide vouchers or something else and the OP is moaning about it.

Can you sufggest what other way the cleaners could deal with the error.

If however the OP had been back to the cleaners on a second visit after the shirt had gone missing, then they would have an issue. But let the cleaners try and find the item / resolve the issue before moaning on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

No, the OP is asking if anyone has had a similar experience and what he may expect/be entitled to from the dry cleaner if they don't find his shirt.

If he wants to have a bit of a whinge, as you call it, about it while asking that question he is entitled - they can't find his property that he entrusted to them. Calling into question his 'decency and manners' is a bit OTT, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Five shirts? Next time use a washing machine, in the meantime give them a chance to find the shirt and if they can't find it see what they'll offer first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

lainey316 wrote: »
    OP, had a similar issue with a pair of trousers, they gave mine to someone else and tried to pass her crappy pair onto me, they'd made a mess of the ticket so there was an incorrect phone number attached. Because the trousers were not new and I didn't have a receipt, they would only give me a certain amount. I believe it was in the region of 25euro, the trousers had cost 60ish but were over a year old (not that it makes a huge difference because I look after my clothes). Frustrating. Apparently this is all they are obliged to do.

Obviously the recompense in this case was very unsatisfactory from a customer perspective, as I could not replace the trousers, they were no longer available and my crappy recompense didn't cover it anyway.

The dry cleaners in question has since exploded. Yes, literally.

Hi, thanks for the response. Its missing for 3-4 day now, and they cant seem to find it. I've been offered a 50 euro vocher for the same drycleaners, which is not good enough, considering the shirt cost 165 euros. I still have the receipt & the original drycleaners receipt so I'll get on to Consumers' Association of Ireland tomorrow and ask them for advice on this.

91011 wrote: »
    So they made a mistake - and you have never made a mistake yourself in your life?

If you have type of attitude, expect the same attitude from the dry cleaners.

If you want decent customer service, show decency and manners yourself.

Wow, they lost a shirt, they are looking for it, they are checking what happened and if it can't be resolved they will offer some form of recompense. - WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Oh dear..a troll on boards-who would have thought? as per lainey316's comment-I was speachless too. I posted to see if anyone could fill me in on my consumer rights, this being the consumer issues forum and all-not for the half arsed opinion of some idiot who obviously has no valid input on the subject.
    So take your pointless rantings elsewhere, and why not do something about that anger issue while you are at it?

Advertisement