Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received Activation email from ebay but don't have an account

Options
  • 18-08-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Sorry if the answer to this is posted elsewhere, did a quick search and didn't find anything.

Today I found 2 emails in my email account from registration@ebay.ie asking me to activate my account.

I don't have an account with ebay and no-one I know has tried to set one up without my knowledge so I'm wondering what I should do.

I've changed my email password and emailed spoof@ebay.ie (although from replies from elsewhere I see this is as useful as pissing against the wall) to de-activate the account but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should do or if anyone knows if this has ever happened to them.

It just seems weird that I only arrived home from abroad yesterday and this happens (live in the UK but its ebay.ie and not ebay.co.uk).

Any help welcome

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Hi everyone,

Sorry if the answer to this is posted elsewhere, did a quick search and didn't find anything.

Today I found 2 emails in my email account from registration@ebay.ie asking me to activate my account.

I don't have an account with ebay and no-one I know has tried to set one up without my knowledge so I'm wondering what I should do.

I've changed my email password and emailed spoof@ebay.ie (although from replies from elsewhere I see this is as useful as pissing against the wall) to de-activate the account but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should do or if anyone knows if this has ever happened to them.

It just seems weird that I only arrived home from abroad yesterday and this happens (live in the UK but its ebay.ie and not ebay.co.uk).

Any help welcome

Cheers

just ignore it ,send them no personal info at all
    its probably just another version of an old phfising scam to get ur details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

delllat wrote: »
    just ignore it ,send them no personal info at all
    its probably just another version of an old phfising scam to get ur details

could be someone easily mistype there email.

My cousin gets random emails from people meaning to email some rich dude in america, and some of them are fúckin quality.

Advertisement