Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishmonger in Lucan?

• 18-08-2010 8:10pm

Did anyone see an ad in the Gazette recently for a fishmonger opening in Lucan? Any idea where and when?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I didn't see the ad, but I'd be very interested in a fishmonger in Lucan. Anybody know any more?

Found it! It's beside the Village Cafe. Being fitted out at the moment.

Was in it this morning. It's called McAllister's. Apparently it's been open for 3 weeks already. The fish looked fresh, smelled fresh. The shop was clean and the fish was well presented. A proper fish monger unlike the only other place within 5 miles or so of Lucan where you can buy fish, the fish counter in Superquinn. The prices in McAllister's are much better too

I bought 4 sardine fillets (quite unusual for such a cheap fish!!!) and 2 massive prawns in their shell

Consumed the former at lunch and the latter with dinner and can confirm they were of excellent quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 johnnyfardel

This makes me so happy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 johnnyfardel

I got 6 nice scallops and 2 large black soles for 20 euro
    there at lunchtime.

Can't wait for de dinner tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

If your ever looking for another fish monger a new one just opened in Clondalkin on tower road just up from the Aib bank and tuthills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I went to McAllisters in Lucan today. Fab selection of fish and I got a gorgeous prawn stir fry ready made. They have a wider selection of fish than the shop in Clondalkin, but the one in Clondalkin Paul's Plaice has some nice fresh fish too.

Have been there a few times now and was delighted the shop was quite busy last Saturday morning. Bought mussels and smoked haddock and they were both first class. All fish and shellfish look and smell nice. I really hope this shop will do well. Let's all buy there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ro55box

Tel # 01 628 0062. John, Bill & David .. is a family run business. www.mcallistersfish.com .. info@mcallistersfish.com. Its really good and don't be shy to ask for advice on how to cook things!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

anewme wrote: »
    but the one in Clondalkin Paul's Plaice has some nice fresh fish too.

whereabouts in Clondalkin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It is on the row of shops 2 doors up from Tuthills and Cribbins Butchers. Right in the corner, where there used to be a flower shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Is is where Stockholm used to be, near by the church? Can not place it - doh, this is bugging me now - hmm, can I get my son into his papoose and check it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Is is where Stockholm used to be, near by the church? Can not place it - doh, this is bugging me now - hmm, can I get my son into his papoose and check it out?

It's over on the row of shops between the Topaz garage and the Roma chipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

lord lucan wrote: »
    It's over on the row of shops between the Topaz garage and the Roma chipper.
    Cheers, will go there tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Do they close early? Got there just after 5 yesterday and shutters were down. Had to eat Tesco prawns :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Managed to pop in yesterday. Fantastic place.

Amongst other things got some absolutely fantastic prawns which I made Pad Thai with last night. Got far too many but they were all eaten.....

I love the shop, really hope it is successful and stays around.

Advertisement