Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asterix beside Points in Prospectus

• 18-08-2010 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Im just trying to figure something out.

In the courses that have an asterix beside their points, ie. the ones where not everyone that got those point got a place, how do they deicide who gets offered a place.

Is it based on subject choice or a raffle?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

As far as I know with the * places are allocated by random selection. So luck of the draw but I could be wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Yeah you're allocated a 'random selection' number when you make your CAO application (you can't view this number) and its by complete luck if you get it or not IF you have the exact minimum amount of points required.
    Can tell you from personal experience it's VERY annoying to not get your course when you get the points! :mad: (Hopefully my application this time round gets me my course :) )
    so good luck!

Advertisement